Friday, August 11, 2006

Croque Monsieur


So, after working out I decided to fix a lowfat dinner - not! I think I mentioned that I love Ina Garten. I love her show, Barefoot Contessa, and I have all of her cookbooks. Every recipe I've ever made of hers turns out delicously, and I think they are easy to follow. If you're not familiar with a Croque Monsieur, it's the French version of a grilled cheese and ham sandwich. Instead of American cheese (yuck - that's just kid food) a Croque Monsieur has Gruyere and Parmesan cheeses. To compliment my Croque Monsieur, I prepared a salad of baby greens, heirloom tomato, and a balsamic vinegrette. Even better was the glass of chilled Pinot Noir. Tres bien!

**********************************************

I did not take that picture, but it does look a lot like my dinner did!

9 Comments:

  • At 1:55 PM, Blogger Michelle said…

    That looks absolutely YUMMY!

     
  • At 2:27 PM, Blogger C's Mom said…

    I think I just gained 5 lbs looking at it :0)

     
  • At 2:38 PM, Blogger Michelle said…

    Oh my gosh, I saw that episode(I too love Ina), and I couldn't stop thinking about that sandwich for days!
    Now I am going to be obsessing about it all over again. I might just have to make it now!

     
  • At 5:47 PM, Blogger Tamara said…

    oooh that looks yummy- ok now I'm inspired to go the the grocery store tomorrow for ingredients for something....

     
  • At 8:39 AM, Blogger Shelley said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 8:40 AM, Blogger Shelley said…

    I saw that episode too. I like the Barefoot Contessa as well, but haven't tried many of her recipes before. I'll have to try this one.

     
  • At 5:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I have every one of her cookbooks and I agree, each recipe is a winner. LOVE her pasta pesto. Lemon cake. Her chocolate chip cookies. I could go on and on. When her first cookbook came out I emailed her to ask a question about the dessert platter she had a photograph of in the book. She emailed me back right away and told me to make one dessert and buy the rest. She also kept my email address and later asked if I would like a signed copy of the next cookbook that was coming out! So nice---just like on TV.

     
  • At 6:56 PM, Blogger Polar Bear said…

    That looks so good! I love watching her show. I would LOVE to have her kitchen!

     
  • At 10:53 PM, Blogger Christi and Abbey said…

    I agree, that looks very yummy!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home