Friday, August 11, 2006

Jillian's Dresser


On Tuesday, I met my friend and co-worker Joyce for lunch at Walt's Wharf in Seal Beach. I love Walt's Wharf and so do Jesse James and Sandra Bullock - Long Beach's most famous residents! They weren't there that day, but I've heard they dine there frequently.

Anyway, after lunch Joyce and I decided to do a little shopping and I came across this dresser. It was such a reasonable price and it was just what I'd been picturing in my mind for Jillian's room. However, I hadn't planned on accumulating furniture or starting the nursery until next spring, so I left without buying it.

I couldn't quit thinking about it, though. So, the next day I called and asked them to hold it for me. Today I picked it up and it's now full of Jillian's things. I want to get a couple of appliques for the drawers, just to make it a little more girly, but other than that, I think it's perfect for her.

14 Comments:

  • At 1:57 PM, Blogger Michelle said…

    Nice dresser! It is very hard to resist buying things...I think it helps with the waiting! Can't wait to see how her room develops over the coming months!

     
  • At 2:26 PM, Blogger C's Mom said…

    It's beautious!

    I buy during the wait also to ease the stresses of it. I just hope I don't have an imperial palace built up by the time referral comes. I need a little restraint ;0)

     
  • At 2:33 PM, Blogger Shelley said…

    What a great piece of furniture Joannah. You were right to buy it before it was snapped up.

    Enjoy.

     
  • At 2:39 PM, Blogger Michelle said…

    I love that dresser. I had something similar in mind for our nursery. I may have to check that store out.

     
  • At 5:32 PM, Blogger Puddin' said…

    It's beautiful!

     
  • At 5:49 PM, Blogger Tamara said…

    That is the perfect little girl dresser. It's so fun to fill with baby stuff too.

     
  • At 7:44 AM, Blogger Abby's Mom said…

    That a beautiful piece!

     
  • At 8:09 AM, Blogger Jen said…

    I love the legs/feet they give it a feminine look. You've made a very nice choice. Give yourself permission ... when you find the perfect piece or the perfect price pick it up. In that one way the wait is a blessing... we have an awful lot of time to find just what we're looking for.

     
  • At 5:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Love it! It's hard to find a dresser like that, you were smart to go back and get it.

     
  • At 6:58 PM, Blogger Polar Bear said…

    Very nice! It will be perfect in a little girls room.

    Isn't it fun to find something that you know will be just perfect, and you just can feel it. Nice find!

     
  • At 10:55 PM, Blogger Christi and Abbey said…

    I think you did the right thing snapping it up when you found it, much better than searching for what you had in mind. Now you can start filling the drawers up.

     
  • At 9:35 AM, Blogger Jenny said…

    OOOHHH, I love it!!! Hey, we need to get the changing table to you!!

     
  • At 6:39 PM, Blogger Shannon said…

    That is beautiful. A little at a time can't hurt, right?! And you already have clothes that need somewhere to be kept...

     
  • At 9:30 PM, Blogger Beeb said…

    That is a cute dresser! Have fun shopping.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home