Saturday, August 05, 2006

Meeting Up with Jenny


Last night I drove up to the South Bay to meet Jenny and her beautiful family. Jenny and her husband Michael adopted Katie Mei last year through the same agency I'm using. When I posted to my agency's group several months ago, Jenny responded to my post and offered to answer any questions I might have. She has been a huge source of encouragement and a wealth of information. We dined at King's Hawaiian - yum - and I had the chance to ask lots of questions about traveling to China and attachment. I'm sure I will be tapping into Jenny's experience more as I get closer to being united with Jillian. And I really look forward to introducing Jillian and Katie Mei, who, by the way, is so dang cute! She warmed right up to me and I got a hug and a handshake from her. I may have to borrow her now and then to get my baby girl fix!

Jenny showered me with these great gifts, too. I now have a set of sippy cups, a photo album, and check out that very stylish outfit. I wish I had some cute pants like that! Thank you so much, Jenny!

7 Comments:

  • At 7:39 AM, Blogger Christi and Abbey said…

    That outfit is darling!!! How fun!

     
  • At 9:13 AM, Blogger Special K said…

    Isn't it awesome meeting other China adopters in real life that you've been talking to on the internet?! Makes you realize it really is a small world. Looks like you had fun.

     
  • At 9:41 AM, Blogger Jenny said…

    Wahoooo!! I had such a fun time with you too!! I cannot wait to meet Jillian. Come up anytime.

     
  • At 9:20 PM, Blogger C's Mom said…

    Love the clothesies!

    It's great to find friends who really get it :0)

     
  • At 6:50 AM, Blogger Polar Bear said…

    I LOVE that outfit!

     
  • At 12:27 PM, Blogger Jennifer said…

    Now if they only made that same outfit in adult sizes! ;) I love it!

    Jennifer G.

     
  • At 7:37 PM, Blogger Mariah said…

    Oh Joannah, I wish I could have been there! I almost got to meet someone in my travel group that was visiting my town but I went out of town for the weekend! Rats..

     

Post a Comment

<< Home