Monday, August 14, 2006

Moonbeams in My Mailbox


What a wonderful surprise to find this book in my mailbox today, compliments of my cousin Mary. I had this on my Amazon wishlist and so I'm very excited to have it now for Jillian's growing library. I wanted this book for her because it's a collection of Chinese holiday tales, activities, and recipes. I may even try some of these with my students - just for practice!

The best thing about teaching first grade for one year (many years ago) is that I also have several dozen other picture books for young children that I can add to Jillian's collection. Eventually, I'm going to have to find a cute little bookshelf for the nursery for this new addition and all the other books I've been saving.

By the way, Mary was a long, lost cousin that my sister found via the internet several years ago. Isn't that amazing? Our side of the family had not been in contact with her side of the family for decades after the death of my father's father in the 1940s. I think I have that story right...

I've met Mary just a couple of times that I can remember, but have been corresponding with her via email a lot since I began my blog. She reads my blog regularly and seems to be very excited for me as I continue my adoption journey.

Thank you for your thoughtfulness, Mary!

10 Comments:

  • At 5:49 PM, Blogger C's Mom said…

    Very cool! Don't you just love mailbox treats !?! :0)

     
  • At 6:31 PM, Blogger Tamara said…

    That looks like a great book- think I might have to add that one to my library!

     
  • At 10:04 PM, Blogger Jen said…

    AARRGG you've cracked the secret code of my blogname!

     
  • At 11:03 PM, Blogger Lisa and Tate said…

    I have that book and LOVE it!!! I bought the book for the same reason... I am sure Jillian will just love it!!!

    Lisa

     
  • At 7:03 AM, Blogger Special K said…

    My mom bought me that book right after I started this adoption process. I love it! It's a very cool book

     
  • At 9:52 AM, Blogger Christi and Abbey said…

    That book is great. I've checked it out at the library, but haven't bought it yet.

     
  • At 11:38 AM, Blogger 4D said…

    I have been eyeing that book. It looks great!

    Keep smilin!

     
  • At 3:05 PM, Blogger Shannon said…

    It is a great book. You gave me a great idea. With my hundreds of books that I incorporate into my speech lessons, I'm gonna do a favorite book a week like the photo Fridays some of our blogfriends do! Thanks for the idea!

     
  • At 6:56 PM, Blogger Kim M. said…

    Love love love this book. We planned our Chinese New Year celebration from this book! Enjoy!

     
  • At 9:12 AM, Blogger Donna said…

    What a nice surprise. I have this book and plan on pulling it out for each holiday to do one of the craft ideas.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home