Friday, August 11, 2006

Pilates


So, yesterday I tried the Just Pilates class at the gym and I really liked it. It was a good workout - I'm feeling it in my glutes today. Yeowsa! I'm definitely going back next week, though. I felt so good after that class.

When school starts, I'm going to try to attend two classes a week, be they yoga or Pilates. My gym membership allows me to use several gyms in the surrounding area, so there should always be something that fits my schedule. I will also be walking with my students for the last twenty minutes of the day as many times a week as we can. My last class loved getting out for a walk or run at the end of the day, and many parents said their kids left school more energized and ready for their after school activities than before we started walking together.

Maybe, if I keep it simple, I can exercise on a regular basis?

2 Comments:

  • At 2:29 PM, Blogger C's Mom said…

    Walking with your class is a GREAT idea! Get's a little fitness in for all.

     
  • At 5:46 PM, Blogger Tamara said…

    Your students are so lucky to have a teacher walk with them- I wish I could get my daughter to walk with me and the dog.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home