Tuesday, August 15, 2006

PiYo


So, last night's class was PiYo, a hybrid of pilates and yoga. I really liked it. The instructor also added some Tai Chi moves.

In the past, I have been intimidated when I've tried to take classes at the gym. I am not athletic, at all. I have very limited flexibility and I'm not that coordinated. I once took a Jazzercize class with a friend and it was a riot - I can't tell my left from my right when things are moving along that quickly!

But, these classes are different. They are very mellow. The lights are down low. No one is showing off, and if they are we can't see them. I feel like I'm getting a good workout, but I'm not working myself into a lather. That's nice.

I think I may have found my thing.

9 Comments:

  • At 8:14 AM, Blogger C's Mom said…

    Sounds great! I never got into the gym/mega-class scene either. I'm way to laid-back for that. Let me knowhow your new thing goes. I could actually see myself doing something like that.

    Hey, this remind me of that Johnny post, you check it out for a while and let me know ;0)

     
  • At 1:07 PM, Blogger Jenny said…

    How fun. Some friends and I take a class called Body Conditioning at the Y- and it is awesome too!!

     
  • At 2:09 PM, Blogger Polar Bear said…

    That sounds fun, hard, but fun. I am not very flexible, so yoga kills me. I wonder if I could do the combo.

     
  • At 4:08 PM, Blogger Tamara said…

    I love all the Eastern inspired exercise you've been trying, I did Tai Chi a long time ago and enjoyed it immensely. Your classes sound like lots of fun.

     
  • At 5:00 PM, Blogger Paulette said…

    way to go keep it up you will feel a difference in many ways.

     
  • At 8:02 PM, Blogger Kristin said…

    i love yoga and i love pilates... i have never tried the combo but you can bet i will be looking for it!

     
  • At 9:12 AM, Blogger Kathryn said…

    This sounds like a great way to exercise. When does school start up again?

     
  • At 3:49 PM, Blogger Dawn said…

    I REALLY need to join some kind of exercise/yoga class to help shed the "referral-wait pounds" that I've gained over the past 6 months. For some reason, my brain tells my body that chocolate and booze are the cures for the waiting-blues ..

    ~Dawn

    ps... My sweet Guinness thanks you for the very kind compliments that you have given him! :)

     
  • At 12:32 PM, Blogger Sandra said…

    How cool that you are enjoying this exercise! Sounds like a great class atmosphere because I'm like you and have thought any attendance at an aerobics class would be more like a comedy of errors on my part!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home