Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Trashy Pictures

By popular demand, I bring you pictures of the crap that was taken from my room to the dumpster.


Notice how it says "Level Full Only"?

Yeah, right!

Fortunately, I did not have to haul any of that from my room to the dumpster. The custodians did that for me. I simply put it outside my classroom door and they moved it. Phew!

This is a picture of what the room looked like first thing this morning before my mom and I got back in there to put more things away, move furniture, and do some cleaning:



That stuff you see is NOT crap - it's my stuff! I just need to find new homes for everything. It's coming along, but it's going to take a lot more time and effort. I'm taking the rest of this week off - it is still summer vacation. I'll return next Wednesday and Thursday with reinforcements - my mom, my sister, and my niece!

15 Comments:

  • At 5:14 PM, Blogger Shelley said…

    Wow! Busy bee, you are.

     
  • At 6:43 PM, Blogger t~ said…

    That's a bunch of crap!

     
  • At 6:55 PM, Blogger Special K said…

    Can't wait to see the finished project.

     
  • At 7:25 PM, Blogger Puddin' said…

    Wow. You've been BUSY! That's ALOT of crap that had to be thrown out!

    Have fun setting up for the new school year!

     
  • At 8:54 PM, Blogger Katherine said…

    Wow, you really did have your work cut out for you! I loved helping my mom set up her room each year when she was teaching. Such a nice feeling to have it all cleared out and arranged how you would like, isn't it?

     
  • At 9:19 PM, Blogger Shandra said…

    Oh my gosh! How did you accomplish that in one day? Can you come over and help me with my spare room?

     
  • At 9:41 PM, Blogger AprilMay said…

    I COVET that large classroom! :)

     
  • At 5:48 AM, Blogger C's Mom said…

    That is an amazing amount of crapola in that truck!

    Looking forward to pics of the kiddo-ready room :0)

     
  • At 7:35 AM, Blogger Sugar Cookies And Hope said…

    As a fellow teacher, I am acutely aware of the dredging that goes on in August. I am procrastinating and have not been in to see my classroom yet, but I did go to a teacher's store yesterday to buy some more crap. The crap is really endless, don't you think?

     
  • At 8:02 AM, Blogger 4D said…

    Wow! That is a lot of stuff. You have to post a picture of the after. Enjoy the rest of your week off!

    Keep smili!

     
  • At 8:17 AM, Blogger Jenny said…

    WOW!!!! So much junk.

     
  • At 10:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wow, my body aches looking at all that junk. I would love to help you set up your room. I did that with my son's preschool and had the best time.

     
  • At 11:22 AM, Blogger Tamara said…

    Oh my that looks so overwhelming- can't wait to see the "after" picture.

     
  • At 7:44 PM, Blogger Paulette said…

    You deserve to enjoy the rest of your vacation after that. Good job.

     
  • At 7:51 AM, Blogger Sandra said…

    Oh dear, that is a lot of junk to have to haul outta there! How was there room for any of the kids in the classroom with that stuff in the way??? :) You have some awesome family to help out like that! I know it will be fixed up and feeling like home to you in no time after your reinforcements arrive to help out again!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home