Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Ah, that feels better!


I had a massage after school today. My shoulders have been so tight and I was very uncomfortable after work yesterday. To make matters worse, my pesky eyelid twitch has returned since I went back to work. My eye doctor says that is totally stress related. I'm not unhappy at all, but the stress of getting back to work has taken a physical toll on my body. So, I looked at today's massage as mostly therapeutic, rather than indulgent.

However, it was a little weird.

When I walked in the day spa, I was greeted by my masseuse who promptly recognized me. He said I looked familiar, and even though he didn't look immediately familiar to me, I said, "Did you used to work at Disneyland?" He had and that's where we knew each other from, but we're talking nearly twenty years ago. It made me a little uneasy, but my shoulders were screaming, so I let the massage proceed. He was very professional and I must say that I'm feeling really good right now. So, it was worth it, but next time I'll request someone else, because he knows what I look like in a polyester pant suit and steel-toed shoes.

12 Comments:

  • At 7:32 PM, Blogger C's Mom said…

    Heehee....that is funny! Fear not, if he is great at massage I'd stick with him.

    If it makes you nervous, I have a gal who may be very interested...eeek! I'll be nice and WON'T send her your way.

     
  • At 7:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    HEY! I wanna see photos of you in that polyester.... : ) glad you had a massage!

     
  • At 4:44 AM, Blogger Sugar Cookies And Hope said…

    Too funny! Gawd I hate the "Back to school" eye twitch. Mine comes right around report cards when I feel like my eyes are going to pop out of my head.
    A massage sounds really nice. I have a gift certificate for one that I received two years ago, but since I don't like people I don't knw touching me, it would take a lot for me to use it.

     
  • At 9:02 AM, Blogger 4D said…

    Funny!

    The small world we live in can sometimes be TOO small.

    Happy to hear that you are more relaxed.

    Keep smilin!

     
  • At 3:05 PM, Blogger Special K said…

    Ohhh I'm so jealous! I want a massage too. That sounds wonderful. Glad you enjoyed it in spite of the blast from the past..

     
  • At 3:44 PM, Blogger Polar Bear said…

    That is funny! Polyester and steel toed shoes sure does paint and interesting picture.

    Sorry to hear you are stressed. I hope this weekend you can take some 'me' time and get some rest.

     
  • At 4:15 PM, Blogger Shelley said…

    Oh, how funny! Very strange to have someone you know from your past give you a massage.

    But at least it made you feel better. :)

     
  • At 5:46 PM, Blogger Tamara said…

    Now THAT'S a great idea. I've been toying the the idea of a massage for about a week now- since you feel so much better maybe I'll go ahead and take the plunge!

    That is too funny about knowing each other from Disneyland! Not very many people can make that claim to fame!

     
  • At 5:19 AM, Blogger Kim M. said…

    So was he at least cute?

     
  • At 9:45 AM, Blogger Kristin said…

    Couldn't do it!!

     
  • At 3:27 PM, Blogger ~Kristen said…

    AHHHH what a great release. I am having an at-home spa party for the bridal party for the wedding i'm in soon... can't wait for the massage. Seeing your post has made me ever so wanting that day to arrive.

     
  • At 6:25 PM, Blogger Tamara said…

    You got me in the spa mode now- I called all over Friday but apparently massage therapists knock off early on Friday afternoons, I had to settle for a 10 minute deal at the mall- not ideal but it did feel great!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home