Friday, October 13, 2006

Thank You, Connie!

Came home today to find a cardboard box on my porch. When I opened it, this was inside:



When I opened that, this was inside:



Isn't she darling?

The card it came with says, "Joannah, you are going to be such a wonderful mom. Congrats on your LID! Warmly, Connie & Jadyn."

Connie, thank you so much for your thoughtfulness! You had given me a heads up a while ago that this was on it's way, but that it was on backorder. I think it's perfect timing - it coincides nicely with the receipt of the brown envelope. What a great way to start the weekend, too!

To all of you "adoption bloggers" who read and comment frequently, thank you for your friendship and support. You don't know how often I share your stories with my family and friends, and when I do I always say, "I have a friend who..." Yes, you have become friends and I am grateful for each of you!

9 Comments:

  • At 5:41 PM, Blogger t~ said…

    What a fabulous doll, I haven't discovered her yet...darn it, now I'll have to go on the hunt for her, she's cute and she comes with a bottle!

    That Connie is amazing and thoughtful, funny how bloggy buds actually do become friends. My friends and family think I'm crazy.

     
  • At 6:07 PM, Blogger dawn said…

    I second that comment about becoming friends. We entered into Lilys adoption yearning for her and not at all bothered about the people we would meet. Thankfully we opened our eyes because we now have so many new "family members" and this time around....WOW.
    Adopting families are like no others, the bond between us is so strong.
    Oh, cute doll.

     
  • At 9:05 PM, Blogger C's Mom said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 9:05 PM, Blogger C's Mom said…

    I'm so glad she finally arrived. That was a long wait (Amazon is in cahoots with the CCAA ;0)

    Enjoy her and I hope to see a picture of Jillian enjoying her some day too!

    Hugs, Joannah :0)...you are very welcome.

     
  • At 10:53 PM, Blogger Lisa and Tate said…

    This was the first doll I bought Tate. Next will be her American Girl doll Bitty Baby. That Connie is one fun gal!!! Congrats on the Brown...

    Lisa

     
  • At 1:58 AM, Blogger wzgirl said…

    Oh. How. Cute. That Connie - she loves her Fisher Price. And, her friends, too! How sweet......

     
  • At 8:27 AM, Blogger Calico Sky said…

    Wow, what a lovely doll. I didn't know they existed. What a nice friend you have in Connie and CONGRATS!!!

     
  • At 5:02 PM, Blogger Tamara said…

    What a cute baby doll. I agree- our online friends are the best.

     
  • At 9:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    oooh, I love the dolly!!! I think Katie might get that one for Christmas!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home