Wednesday, October 18, 2006

You're Invited!

Stephanie started this one, and I think it's a great idea.

Let's say you could invite eight bloggers over your house for the weekend. Who would you invite and why?

Okay, since I was "invited" to Stephanie's house, I'm not going to include any of the bloggers I would "meet" there, because that would be redundant, right? I also didn't include bloggers I've already had the pleasure of meeting in real life.

So, here's my guestlist:

Julie, because hers was one of the very first blogs I began reading and I think she's an amazing person. She's so creative and smart! I've had the opportunity to get to know her a little better over the phone, too, and she's someone I think I'd like to spend time with.

April, because we've got the teaching thing in common and her posts always make me laugh. She's very witty.

Shana, because, like Julie, hers was one of the first blogs I came across, and I love Sophie Lu. She has been so gracious to me via email, and has shared her insights and experiences with me. She is a ray of sunshine.

Tamara, because we have emailed quite a bit and I feel like we're already friends. I would hope she'd bring Alexis and Maya with her, too.

Jen, because she's one courageous, wise, and smart individual. I so admire her for the path she's on and her honesty.

Connie, because she has a great sense of humor, and she must be a wonderful conversationalist. She'd be the life of the party.

Kathy, because we've got the teaching thing in common (like April), and she's spiritual and introverted, like me.

Mariah, because we're both with the same agency and she's a single waiting mother-to-be also. We've gotten to know each other a bit through email and I'd love to meet her in person.

There are so many others I wish I could invite, but, hey, I've only got about 900 square feet here and one bathroom. So, the rest of you are going to have to bunk at someone else's for the weekend!

9 Comments:

  • At 5:40 AM, Blogger C's Mom said…

    That sounds like a great group. Thanks for inviting me ;-)

    Gee, I suppose I'd have to rent a hall. Not only would I invite far too many to fit in the adobe but, for now, nothing says a friendly kinda love like the gift of being amongst treated fungus and exposed pipes.

    Seriously, wouldn't it be fun if everyone could get together!?!

     
  • At 1:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Can I come too??? : ) I will bake pumpkin cake!

     
  • At 4:38 PM, Blogger Mariah said…

    Thank you so much for the invite!! I would love to meet you in person as well!! Maybe we should plan a convention in Vegas! ;)

     
  • At 6:01 PM, Blogger Puddin' said…

    What a neat idea! (Ahem) I won't take offense that I wasn't invited! ;-)

    It really is kind of great how many people you get to be "friends" with through this process!

     
  • At 10:27 PM, Blogger AprilMay said…

    Thanks for inviting me! :) I will try to be witty and create lively conversation, in exchange for getting to hold Jillian before all of the other guests do.

     
  • At 8:57 AM, Blogger Jen R. said…

    When are you actually going to throw the party. I am looking forward to it.

     
  • At 5:43 PM, Blogger Tamara said…

    I sure am honored to be on this list- can Toby come too for a play date with Taylor and Buffy? :)

     
  • At 5:30 AM, Blogger Sugar Cookies And Hope said…

    I'm so honored to be a part of this list! Thank you for the invite, Joannah! It's difficult for me to believe that you are an introvert (you know, being a famous musician and all;).
    I would be the person at the party that would be quietly assessing all situations and who would have stayed at home creating a "cheat" sheet for dialogue for fear of not knowing what to say. lol

     
  • At 4:40 PM, Blogger Shana said…

    Awww, Joannah- you are so sweet to invite me! And you know I would be there, too! I have a feeling we will definitely get together in real life at some point- so hurry up and get your baby home so Sophie Lu can serve her some tea! :)

    (((Hugs)))
    Shana (& Sophie lu!)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home