Friday, November 24, 2006

Turkey Day 2006


Here's one of the beautiful tables that Rebecca and Sarah set for us.
Sarah folded all the napkins!


The delicious turkey.
Mom and Julie prepared two turkeys - one rotisserie barbequed,
and the other brined in an apple juice concoction. Yummo!


I made this! It's Ina Garten's recipe for
Smashed Sweet Potatoes with Sauteed Apples.
It's like eating dessert for dinner, but I haven't been able to convince Sarah of that!


I made this, too. My family teases me, but I insist on having the traditional Green Bean Casserole every year. Hey, we only have it once a year! It's a favorite comfort food of mine. I forgot to put the fried onions on top, though. I was too busy tracking down my grandmother, who was almost late to dinner yesterday. We can't eat without our Tata being there!


I didn't make this, but it's another favorite of mine. It's my great-grandmother's recipe for Cranberry Salad. Mom makes this every Thanksgiving and Christmas.


And, here are the host and hostess with the "mostest" -
my sister, Julie and her husband, Mitch.

Tonight my family is converging back at my sister's for leftovers and some games. I think the day after Thanksgiving is more enjoyable because we always have a lot of leftovers, and so nobody has to spend much time in the kitchen preparing anything. It's also a much smaller crowd. I'll be making Ina Garten's recipe for popovers. My grandmother loves it when I make those!

I'd better get a move on. Buffy is walking me today, and I've got a paper to finish and turn in today.

11 Comments:

  • At 10:41 AM, Blogger Abby's Mom said…

    WOW!!!

     
  • At 11:05 AM, Blogger Paulette said…

    What a spread enjoy all the left-overs.

     
  • At 11:12 AM, Blogger 4D said…

    Making me drool at work! Looks delish!

    Keep smilin!

     
  • At 11:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Looks like a great day!

     
  • At 12:23 PM, Blogger Shelley said…

    Looks like a great day and what a beautiful table!

    So when are you going to share those recipes? Hmmm?
    They sound too good not to share.

    Happy Turkey Day, Joannah.

     
  • At 4:33 PM, Blogger Lisa and Tate said…

    Beautiful table!!! Love that you always insist on the green bean casserol. I am the one in my family who makes sure we have this "TRADITON". That and chocolate mint creme pie!!! Happy (belated) Thanksgiving!!!

    Lisa

     
  • At 5:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    WOW, everything looks wonderful!

     
  • At 10:38 PM, Blogger C's Mom said…

    Beautiful table...and, I agree, the day after has got to feel so nice and relaxed.

    Hope you had a great time :0)

     
  • At 4:33 AM, Blogger dawn said…

    I agree the day after is more fun because nobody is a slvae to the kitchen.

     
  • At 6:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Whoa...that sweet potato/apple thing looks YUMMY!!! You might want to share that recipe?? :-)

     
  • At 8:34 AM, Blogger Special K said…

    Looks like a great time. The table is beautiful.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home