Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Wandering the Blogosphere

I started reading blogs about this time last year. I stumbled across a few when I was using the Internet to research China adoption. Before then, I had heard about blogging, but I thought it was for computer geeks! Once I determined it wasn't just for geeks, I decided to start my own.

These days, I keep track of about 70 blogs. Fortunately, they are not all updated each and every day, or I'd never get anything else done! My favorite blogs are written by members of the China adoption community, and many of them seem like old friends to me at this point.

However, I have been wandering the blogosphere since last summer, and I wanted to let you know that there are so many cool blogs out there that don't have anything to do with adoption. I know, it was hard for me to believe, too! ;-)

Some of my favorite non-adoption blogs are:

AnneCuisine - written by an American woman living in France with her French husband. She blogs about her cooking experiences mostly. I love her recipe ideas.

AprilMay - you may have read April's blog. She hopes to adopt from China one day. In the meantime, she's busy teaching second grade, and raising her boys. She has a wonderful sense of humor and a great writing style.

ParisDailyPhoto - A different photograph of Paris each and every day. Tres magnifique!

Seraphic Secret - Political and social commentary written by a conservative, Jewish, screenwriter. I've learned so much reading this blog!

I recommend you give each of them a visit this week.

Are there other non-adoption blogs you keep up with? If so, let me know what you're reading - don't forget the link!

10 Comments:

  • At 7:12 PM, Blogger Sugar Cookies And Hope said…

    I did this a while back, Joanna and it was fun to put my favorite blogs out there for others to view. I will be checking yours out for sure. Thanks for sharing them with us. :)

     
  • At 7:32 PM, Blogger dawn said…

    Time is an issue so I stick to the adoption blogs but will check out the ones you have so kindly listed. Now many of my family members overseas follow the same adoption blogs I do, yours included!

     
  • At 8:25 PM, Blogger Middle-Aged Moi said…

    I used to think blogging was for geeks too. Guess I'm one.....

     
  • At 8:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thanks for sharing your favorites with us. One of my favorite non-adoption blogs is: www.lifehacker.com. It always has really cool computer stuff on it. :)

     
  • At 9:52 PM, Blogger AprilMay said…

    LOL! Thanks for listing me, but I hope to graduate to your adoption blog list someday. ;)

     
  • At 10:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    What? There are non-adoption blogs out there?? I guess I better broaden my horizons some ;-)

    Sandra

     
  • At 12:32 PM, Blogger Lisa and Tate said…

    It had been a year for me too!!! Never heard of blogs and thought socializing on the computer was just too pathetic!!! Boy has my mind changed!!! There is so much support in the Adoption community and well as interesting information.

    Lisa

     
  • At 6:02 PM, Blogger Tamara said…

    70 blogs?!?!? You are a busy girl! I get a headache after about 3, but it's very hard not to read "just one more" hee hee!

     
  • At 11:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thanks for these links.....I use bloglines which is great for letting you know when your favourite blogs are updated, instead of having to check them daily, you just see when they have updated. A favourite non-adoption blog for me is http://girltalk.blogs.com/girltalk/ - it is written by a mum and her 3 (adult) daughters.

     
  • At 4:32 PM, Blogger Shannon said…

    70 BLOGS?! WOW!! I tried bloglines...can't figure it out! Then again, I can't straighten out my own blog! =)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home