Sunday, December 10, 2006

Christmas Survey

1. Eggnog or hot chocolate? Neither. I prefer hot apple cider or coffee.

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Well, Santa hasn’t been by my place in many years, but when I was a stop on his route, the gifts were always wrapped.

3. Colored or white lights on your tree or house? Sadly, I’ve never had lights on my house. But, when I do put up a tree, I think the lights are white. It’s been a couple of years, so I’m having a hard time remembering. Maybe I combined a few colored with the white last time…

4. Do you hang mistletoe? Not usually.

5. When do you put your decorations up? It depends, but usually a week or two after Thanksgiving.

6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? Just one? My brother-in-law makes delicious Swedish pancakes for Christmas breakfast. I also love my mom’s Cranberry Salad.

7. Favorite holiday memory as a child? I always loved opening my stocking on Christmas morning. My parents made us wait to open gifts until all the grandparents arrived (can you imagine?), but they let my sister and me open our stockings almost as soon as we got up.

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I think I was in third grade and it wasn’t Christmas time, but this mean little girl down the street told me. She was teaching me how to iron clothes, and she just had to tell me! I remember running home very upset. My mother confirmed that my mean little friend was right. I didn’t play with her anymore after that!

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Not usually.

10. What kind of cookies does Santa get set out for him? Since Santa doesn’t come by anymore, I don’t bother leaving out cookies for him, but if I did I think I’d leave chocolate chip.

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? We don’t have it, so it’s not an issue.

12. Can you ice skate? Yes! Can you believe that? I’ve even gone ice skating at Rockefeller Plaza before!

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? My sister has given me two beautiful pieces of real jewelry that are very special to me.

14. What's the most important thing about the holidays for you? Of course spending time with my family is important, but it’s also important to me to remember the birth of Christ.

15. What is your favorite holiday dessert? I love Christmas cookies!

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Christmas morning. Whether we spend it at my parents’ or my sister’s, we start off with a delicious breakfast, followed by our gift exchange. Then the afternoon is spent playing games, assembling puzzles, reading, taking a walk, etc. Finally, in the late afternoon we make Christmas dinner. It’s usually relaxing and fun.

17. What tops your tree? When I put up a tree, I place an angel at the top.

18. Which do you prefer, giving or receiving? Giving is surprisingly more enjoyable than receiving.

19. What is your favorite Christmas carol? Silent Night.

20. Candy Canes! Yuck or Yum? Yuck, pretty much. I don’t like hard candy at all.

21. When do you take down your tree? A day or two after New Year’s Day.

4 Comments:

  • At 12:21 AM, Blogger Much Ado said…

    Enjoyed reading your list Joannah, and I am with you on the hot apple cider and coffee!!

     
  • At 5:51 PM, Blogger Alyson and Ford said…

    Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah
    & Happy New Year!

    Peace,
    Ford & Aly

     
  • At 8:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Liked the list! And I liked your pictures of your house. My kids were very impressed with the dog bone....

    Janet

     
  • At 7:56 PM, Blogger Jen R. said…

    It's always the mean little girls who ruin the Santa Claus surprise, isn't it?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home