Saturday, December 30, 2006

Exquisite Chinese Figurines

One more thing from yesterday...

My mom and I came across a set of these Chinese figurines and I fell in love with them.


They are made in Shiwan, China, and they are incredibly detailed. For example, each of the fingers on the figurines is separate from the other fingers. We saw one with a jade bracelet that was loose on the wrist - not attached to the figurine. We saw others with earrings like that, too. They are so delicate and beautiful. I hope to acquire one in the future.

You can check out the entire collection at Cultural Exchange Studio.

9 Comments:

  • At 9:25 PM, Blogger Deb said…

    Joannah....just wanted to let you know that you can buy these in many of the shops around the White Swan. They are only about $20-$25 in Guangzhou. Like you said...the detail is unbelievable! So beautiful!

     
  • At 9:29 PM, Blogger D said…

    Hey Joannah...I have that exact figurine! You can also find them at www.horchow.com - look under collectibles/global influences. They are cheaper than the site you gave, but not as cheap as the ones Chris and Deb put down...

     
  • At 9:53 PM, Blogger C's Mom said…

    They are lovely!

     
  • At 10:00 PM, Blogger AprilMay said…

    Beautiful! Geez; now another thing I want to buy with my Christmas money. THANKS A LOT! ;)

     
  • At 2:22 AM, Blogger Calico Sky said…

    Beautiful, really beautiful. I was looking at children's clothes on ebay and it is amazing how stunning the outfits from China are. What I marvel at is the detail...

     
  • At 7:15 AM, Blogger Shannon said…

    Gorgeous and so delicate.

     
  • At 7:50 AM, Blogger Abby's Mom said…

    Very Cool!

     
  • At 7:21 PM, Blogger Mom 2 six said…

    Chris & deb is correct. I picked up two of them by the White Swan. They packed them really well- and they both survived the trip home. I wish I would have purchased more. They are beautiful.

     
  • At 10:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Joannah... You have worked so very hard this past year to achieve your masters degree. A sweet little bird has whispered to me that a very special "poet" is coming your way to celebrate your accomplishment.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home