Saturday, December 23, 2006

Home for the Holidays

Here are Taylor and Buffy all ready for Santa's arrival! Too bad their eyes are glowing like aliens - that might scare off Santa...

My birthday was very nice, in spite of the fact that I have come down with a cold. I'm calling it the Family Cold, because my sister and my niece had it last weekend. We like to share in our family. Fortunately, it's supposedly short-lived. So I expect to feel better early next week.

My sister had us over for dinner and I received some wonderful gifts for my birthday.

This set of enamel boxes was from my sweet grandmother, Tata. She volunteers in the gift shop at the public library in her city, and found these there. Aren't they darling? I just love them.








My parents and my sister and her family gave me this Eps*n All-in-One. Now I can print, scan, and copy!

Lastly, my parents also gave me a copy of this China travel book:


After dinner we spent some time discussing our Hawaiian vacation plans. We don't have a reservation yet, but we're hoping to rent a house on Oahu at Kailua Beach - right on the beach! It looks like we'll be going in August so that I can teach summer school.

This afternoon we're going to go up to the new Griffith Park Observatory. I'm going to look like Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer by then. In my opinion, P*ffs Ultra are not as soft as Kl**n*x Ultra Soft. But, I've got five boxes of the P*ffs! Ack! If I don't feel better, though, I may stay home. We'll see.

14 Comments:

  • At 10:12 AM, Blogger Christi and Abbey said…

    I love having a scanner/printer/copier... you will use it all the time.
    We would love to see you the second week of vacation. I am going to have her go to daycare 2 days to help her transition and so that I can get ready for school. We haven't picked the days yet, but I am thinking T/Th. Let me know what works for you because we are flexible.

     
  • At 11:03 AM, Blogger C's Mom said…

    Awww...take something to dry up that runny nose and head on - Rudolph or not ;0)

    Cute little boxes...ah, they make me dream once again.

    Have a lovely holiday, Joannah!

     
  • At 11:30 AM, Blogger Anne Marie said…

    What a wonderful birthday! The little boxes from your Tata are adorable. Happy planning for Hawaii, and hope you feel better soon!

     
  • At 1:59 PM, Blogger ~ Alison said…

    We rented 2 big houses on Kailua Beach (for the family & in-laws) when my sis got married there in 2001. Wouldn't it be something if u stayed in the same house? Small world.

    I've spent many weeks in Hawaii - my sis lived there for bout 9 yrs or so. Mali & I went back on a cruise this past summer. You're gonna love it! It's worth all the planning & saving.

    Happy Birthday & hope ur feeling better soon.

     
  • At 2:33 PM, Blogger Tammy said…

    Happy Birthday!

    Love the little enamel boxes - very sweet.

    You pups are so cute. We have two yellow labs and they're awesome with the kids.

    MERRY CHRISTMAS!

    Hope you feel better soon.

     
  • At 3:27 PM, Blogger Calico Sky said…

    It sounds like you had a very special day. What a lovely vacation to look forward to, and Tata sure has good taste!!

     
  • At 4:12 PM, Blogger ~Kristen said…

    Great Birthday presents...

    Have a Wonderful Holiday Joannah :o)

     
  • At 5:26 PM, Blogger dawn said…

    Those boxes from your Tata are beautiful, just beautiful. I think I might need one for accident prone Miss Lily in the next week....oops.
    Keep dreaming of Hawaii and perhaps your runny nose won't seem so horrid.

     
  • At 5:28 PM, Blogger Sugar Cookies And Hope said…

    Sounds like you had a lovely birthday! Sorry you are feeling a little crummy and I hope that some good Christmas yummies can make it a bit better for you.
    I love planning for trips and think that it is one of the most fun things to do to pass the time until you get to your destination. My brother, his wife and G-Man went to Hawaii in September of last year (2005) and had an amazing time. I think they went to Oahu, Waikiki, and the Big Island (does that make sense?).

     
  • At 7:47 PM, Blogger Special K said…

    Happy Belated Birthday! Glad you enjoyed it. Hope you feel better soon.

     
  • At 7:12 AM, Blogger t~ said…

    Fantastic goodies! We could have filled the "first curl" box up with all the curls I've choped of W. Hope you feel better and have a very Merry Christmas!

     
  • At 8:21 AM, Blogger Donna said…

    Glad you had a nice birthday, despite being under the weather!

     
  • At 7:39 AM, Blogger wzgirl said…

    Merry Christmas, Joannah!! Sorry that you've got the ol' bug -- how nice of your family to "share". Hey, I know that pic of your pups at the top! Such a happy pic & pretty home! XOXO

     
  • At 6:53 PM, Blogger Tamara said…

    Oooh- you did have a good b/d. Happy b/d Joannah! I know this will be a fantastic year for you. You will definately put that scanner to good use.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home