Friday, February 16, 2007

Brought to You by the Letter 'J'

Connie assigned me a letter, per my request. I was afraid that I wouldn't come up with enough things to write about, but I didn't do too badly after all. Here are some things I love that begin with the letter 'J'.





James Taylor - I've lost track of how many of his concerts I've been to, and I have many of his CDs. His music is consistently good, and he always puts on a great show. His voice is like an angel's.













Japanese food - especially sushi! I love salmon-skin handrolls, the Spider roll, salmon and tuna sashimi, edamame, miso soup, and the California roll. I've even learned to like sake. It's one of my favorite meals.










Jam - strawberry, blueberry, blackberry, raspberry, apricot, you name it! I love jam on toast or waffles.







Jardins - um, that would be French for gardens. When I was in France we spent an afternoon in Monet's Garden. C'est magnifique!







Jeopardy - this is the gameshow for grown-ups! I like how it tests my trivial knowledge.








Jesus - " God did not send the Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him." John 3:17

17 Comments:

  • At 8:14 PM, Blogger Michelle said…

    I love, love, love James Taylor.
    Oh, and Jesus too :)

     
  • At 9:05 PM, Blogger Shandra said…

    Nice list. Love the creativity on gardens. And Amen to Jesus!

     
  • At 9:37 PM, Blogger Katherine said…

    Count me in as a huge JT fan! I've seen him in concert many times, and must say that an outdoor ampitheater is a perfect venue for him.

     
  • At 9:49 PM, Blogger wzgirl said…

    Nice. XO

     
  • At 11:57 PM, Blogger C's Mom said…

    I'm up on that list...except for that sushi thing. I just cannot get with raw fishies.

     
  • At 5:05 AM, Blogger Sugar Cookies And Hope said…

    Me thinks that we were sisters in a former life. Jimmy Taylor is one of my favs (although no one realy knows this about me) and jam? Well let's just say that I have a love for the berry.
    I'm heading out for sushi tonight...forst time in over two weeks!
    Cute list, sweet girl!

     
  • At 5:19 AM, Blogger Donna said…

    And don't forget two other lovely things that start with "J"...Joannah and Jillian!

     
  • At 5:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Any Japanese food, especially sushi, is at the top of my list!
    Stephanie
    www.forksandchopsticks.wordpress.com

     
  • At 6:55 AM, Blogger D said…

    Yeah...I was going to add "Jillian" to your list!

     
  • At 9:02 AM, Blogger Kayce said…

    LOVE Japanese food and the rest of your Js too!!!

     
  • At 10:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I love your "J" list, but you didn't have Janet on it....:-)

    I love jam too, and jardins, and Jesus!

    But that Japanese food looks....um...weird. I suppose I shouldn't knock it until I try it. But really, "Spider Roll"? Sounds kinda gross....:-)

    Janet

     
  • At 10:21 AM, Blogger Mariah said…

    Love it all!!

     
  • At 10:24 AM, Blogger Joannah said…

    Janet, a Spider Roll is made with soft-shell crab. It's so good!

    As for 'J' names and those with 'J' names, I love:

    Jillian (obviously!)

    Julie (my sister)

    Joyce (co-worker and friend)

    Joannah (I've learned to love it)

    Jocelyn, Julianna, Julia, Jackson, Jacob, Jameson, and Joel (all favorite 'J' names that haven't been ruined by some obnoxious kid at school, yet...)

     
  • At 4:09 PM, Blogger Calico Sky said…

    What a great list!
    I'm doing my letter tomorrow!!!

     
  • At 4:19 PM, Blogger Shelley said…

    Sweet baby James. Gotta love him. Great list.

     
  • At 4:15 AM, Blogger Terri | Sugar Free Glow said…

    I love all of the above! The theme for Jeopardy is what I use on Jackson when I need him to hurry up and do something quickly and unfortunately it works. lol

     
  • At 6:03 PM, Blogger Colleen said…

    Great list. Also a James Taylor fan!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home