Sunday, February 25, 2007

Five Reasons Why...

...I blog. Terri tagged me for this one and really I hope I can think of five reasons for her.

1. When I first began using the Internet to research adopting from China, I came across Julie's, Lisa's, Alison's, and Shana's blogs and I was inspired by them. As singles, Julie, Lisa, and Alison were traveling the same path I was starting on, and I was excited that there were other women like me in this process. Over at Shana's blog, I was delighted by Sophie Lu and drawn to Shana's spirit and compassion. After reading these blogs for a while, I decided that I wanted to document my adoption journey for Jillian as well, and that's what I've been trying to do for the last fourteen months or so.

2. Once I had my own blog and I spent time reading other blogs and leaving comments, I began to make some blogging buddies like Jenny, Terri, Stephanie, April, Christi, Michelle, Shannon, Mariah, Tamara, Paulette, and Sandy (and so many more since then!). The friendships I've made with these women (and a couple of you guys!) have kept me blogging. I feel invested in these relationships, and I look forward to seeing each of you have your adoption dreams come true and your little ones home with you (like Christi, Tamara, and Jenny have!).

3. When I began this adoption journey, it seemed as though I would have my referral within a year of being DTC. We all know how that has changed! Blogging has helped me deal with the increasing and uncertain wait time. I have learned more about the suspected reasons for the slowdown. I have also been encouraged by my fellow bloggers when the long wait has made me feel discouraged and sad.

4. Once I finish the class I'm currently taking, I hope to have more time for other interests like reading, scrapbooking, gardening, cooking, and traveling. I have been so impressed with the diversity of talents my blogging friends possess. I hope to try some new things and blog about them as I do.

5. Lastly, I blog to bring something positive and encouraging to others. I avoid being controversial or snarky on my blog. That's just not my thing. I hope you sense my overall optimism in the future and my excitement and anticipation for Jillian's referral.

I'd love to read about your five reasons for blogging. Let me know if you decide to post about this later.

13 Comments:

  • At 3:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    What a wonderful post! Thanks for sharing your feelings and also your journey to your daughter. We are all in the same boat (a slow one to China) and it is nice to know that we aren't alone in our journey.
    Stephanie
    www.forksandchopsticks.wordpress.com

     
  • At 4:23 PM, Blogger Terri | Sugar Free Glow said…

    Thank you for answering so quickly! It's great to read about the reason behind the blog. I'm so glad that you started blogging. One reason I read your blog and like you as a friend is that you are so positive and encouraging!

     
  • At 4:35 PM, Blogger Shandra said…

    Good reasons. I like that you blog too!

     
  • At 4:54 PM, Blogger C's Mom said…

    Love that post.

    I always know I can find a dose of honesty, encouragement and sweetness at your place.

     
  • At 5:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This is a great post. I'm glad you decided to start blogging!

     
  • At 7:42 PM, Blogger kitchu said…

    Great post, and I agree, you a very positive, encouraging way about you! I still owe Connie the letter D, so I won't make any promises yet about posting on this one!

     
  • At 9:41 PM, Blogger Middle-Aged Moi said…

    I think those are great reasons! And I like that your blog is so positive! I will think about my reasons and maybe post them later.....:-)

     
  • At 5:31 AM, Blogger Pixel Fairy Princess said…

    That was wonderful, positive, encouraging, and inspirational. What a lucky little girl Jillian will be to have a mommy like you!
    Debbie

     
  • At 11:18 AM, Blogger t~ said…

    Very good post and I am glad that blogging and adoption has allowed me to stop in and visit to get my daily dose of sweetness, kindness and compassion. I could copy and paste your reasons for my own.

     
  • At 11:41 PM, Blogger OziMum said…

    Hey Joannah! I see your comments on so many blogs that I read, I finally came to visit!!! And what a post to initiate my visit!!!

    Sorry, you had food poisoning - yuck! Hope you're all fixed up and back in the "bloggy" spirit of things! I've bloglined you - so I'll be coming back!!! Take Care
    Lee-Anne (Australia)
    www.bellaangel.blogspot.com

     
  • At 3:37 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Now that we are coming to an end of our paperchase, it amazes me that I have found such encouragment in these blogs..Its been wonderful

     
  • At 9:39 AM, Blogger Calico Sky said…

    Wonderful post!!!
    I will do my 5, but will be closer to the end of the week as I have to blog my letter Connie gave me tomorrow (wed)!

     
  • At 4:11 PM, Blogger Shannon said…

    I love your positive posts. Everything about you seems so beautiful, Joannah. Thanks for sharing yourself and your journey with us!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home