Saturday, February 17, 2007

Gung Hay Fat Choy!


Many people want to be friends with the gracious and courageous Pig, who is sometimes called the Boar. The twelfth sign of the Zodiac sees the good in everyone and is able to make even casual acquaintances feel special through his attentiveness and sincere compliments. His ordinary—or even unpolished—appearance makes him approachable, and those who do befriend the Pig quickly discover he is kind, cultured and generous. This sign readily indulges the people he cares about and goes to great lengths to accommodate their wishes. He is gallant and quite the connoisseur, seeking the best in life for himself and others. His love of the gourmet lifestyle frequently causes him to overeat and his naive faith in humankind sometimes creates financial or personal woes.

The Pig gets along best with people born under the sign of the Tiger, Rabbit or Sheep. He is least likely to extend his hospitality to the Snake or another Pig.

Compatible: Tigers, Rabbit, Sheep
Incompatible: Snake, Pig

I told my mother that she is a Golden Pig (she was born in 1947), and she snorted a little and rubbed her tummy. I shook my head and tried to tell her that she'd been born under an auspicious sign according to the Chinese tradition. She's too funny!

I am a Sheep, so if Jillian is born in the Year of the Pig we are suppposedly destined to be compatible. Well, that's good to know, because I don't know what I'd do if we weren't... ;-)

16 Comments:

  • At 8:13 PM, Blogger 4D said…

    Xin Nian Hao - Happy New Year!!!

    Hubs is a pig and I am a rabbit. We work well.

    Keep smilin!

     
  • At 9:01 PM, Blogger Jen R. said…

    Hope it's a good year for all you adopters out there!

     
  • At 9:35 PM, Blogger Deb said…

    Happy Chinese New Year Joannah!

     
  • At 8:25 AM, Blogger Kayce said…

    Yeah! Happy New Year! This year of the Golden Pig will be a good one! Hey are you coming to SF to celebrate with us??

     
  • At 8:33 AM, Blogger kitchu said…

    I'm a sheep too!
    Happy CNY!
    Kris

     
  • At 9:20 AM, Blogger Sugar Cookies And Hope said…

    Happy New Year!! I'm an Ox and Joel is a Dog. I do not think that our daughter will be a Pig, but now I am interested to know what next year will be.
    Hope you have a fortune-filled day!

     
  • At 1:45 PM, Blogger Mariah said…

    I hate to say I'm a RAT, I wish I could have been a DOG or even a ROOSTER. Bummer! ;-)

     
  • At 4:09 PM, Blogger Shannon said…

    Your mom cracks me up! Ahh, dreaming of our little puppies, piglets and/or ratters... Only time will tell. =)

     
  • At 12:01 PM, Blogger Glinda said…

    HCNY!

    Oink, Oink!

     
  • At 12:44 PM, Blogger Calico Sky said…

    I bet you and miss Jillian are perfectly compatable!!!

     
  • At 5:47 PM, Blogger Elise said…

    Happy CNY!!!

     
  • At 7:54 PM, Blogger Shandra said…

    Happy CNY! Hope that you get yoru little pig soon!

     
  • At 6:30 AM, Blogger Shelley said…

    Gung Hay Fat Choi, Joannah!

    Shell

     
  • At 10:16 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Happy New Year from a paperchasing family..Look forward to reading more!

     
  • At 12:25 PM, Blogger t~ said…

    Happy Chinese New Year to you!

     
  • At 2:10 PM, Blogger M and M said…

    Happy New Year to you and your family!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home