Monday, March 05, 2007

Buffy Update

Warning!

Some gross details ahead...




I'm happy to report that Buffy was able to come home early yesterday evening. The veterinarian decided to induce vomiting, and that seemed to do the trick. However, she found bone shards in Buffy's vomit. She said that if Buffy hadn't had so much food backed up in her, that the bone shards may very well have punctured her intestines and made her septic. Well, I haven't given my dogs any bones. I'm very careful about what they can have to chew on anymore because I want to avoid situations like this one.

The only thing that makes sense is that my next-door-neighbor has continued to toss them bones, even though I have asked him on at least two occasions not to. The last time he sort of brushed me off, and that made me angry, but I figured he wouldn't do it again. I guess I was wrong.

So, I'm waiting for an opportunity to politely ask him if he gave them bones in the last few days, and if he says he has, I'm going to show him my $1100 veterinary bill! That's right folks - eleven hundred bucks! I'm also going to ask that he pay the bill, and tell him that I may have to consider taking this to small claims court if he doesn't take responsibility.

"J" isn't a bad neighbor. He's pretty quiet and he takes pretty good care of his place even though he doesn't own it. But he obviously doesn't respect my authority and responsibility for my dogs and that's what makes me dislike him. "J" needs to get the message loud and clear that he has no right to feed my dogs anything without my approval.

Grr...

16 Comments:

  • At 4:47 PM, Blogger Glinda said…

    I feel your pain; Slippers, my male bully took us to the cleaners 3 times b/c he had cherry eye; took him to an opthamologist for dogs for eye surgery on 3 different occasions...can you say ChaChingggg.

    But they are so sweet and so helpless and it breaks my heart that your Buffy is having a hard time.

    Good point on her preparing you for motherhood; I feel the same way, only X2.

     
  • At 4:58 PM, Blogger Terri | Sugar Free Glow said…

    Ugh, Joannah. How scary that you can't trust your neighbor. I don't blame you for being peeved.

    Poor Buffy. :(

     
  • At 4:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Sorry to hear about your large bill.
    Stephanie
    www.forksandchopsticks.wordpress.com

     
  • At 5:10 PM, Blogger Pixel Fairy Princess said…

    Holy cow! I am so glad the your puppy is okay - but sound like your checkbook is them on who's in pain ;-(
    Debbie

     
  • At 5:21 PM, Blogger 4D said…

    Neighbour-rino DEFINITELY needs to catch your message!

    It is expensive but I am sure well worth the worry free feeling that your Buffy is home and doing well.

    Keep smilin!

     
  • At 5:44 PM, Blogger Sugar Cookies And Hope said…

    Oh, Joannah, I'm so sorry that you have had to deal with this and to think that you have already tried to tell 'J' not to feed Buffy. I think that showing him the veterinary bill as well as the documentation that tells that it was the bone fragments that caused her to feel so poorly may help J to see the results of his actions. Hoping that Buffy feels better soon.

     
  • At 6:18 PM, Blogger Abby's Mom said…

    OUCH! Poor Buffy TOO. I hope your neighbor is able to keep his hands on his side of the fence.

     
  • At 6:34 PM, Blogger Polar Bear said…

    I am glad to hear that Buffy will be good as new.

    HOW RUDE of your neighbor. Even though he doesn't sound like he is being mean, it really is. The nerve of some people!

    Sorry about that bill, YIKES!

     
  • At 6:47 PM, Blogger Shandra said…

    Glad to hear that Buffy is on the mend but sorry about J. Maybe if talking to him does not work you could install a large net, like the ones they use to keep birds in, over your yard....hey it can't cost more than the vet bill. :)

     
  • At 7:11 PM, Blogger Anne Marie said…

    I am too polite to say what I think of "J" here. I hope Buffy is back to herself very, very soon.

     
  • At 7:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wow..that is a huge amount of money for the vet. He better pay that bill! I would be making him, that's for sure.

     
  • At 7:45 PM, Blogger AprilMay said…

    I am so glad Buffy will be OK! I think that you are right when you say "J" doesn't respect your authority...he shouldn't mess with a teacher!! I think your plan sounds great, and please keep us updated!

     
  • At 7:58 PM, Blogger D said…

    Ouch! $1100! Yikes!

     
  • At 9:27 PM, Blogger OziMum said…

    $1100?!!! Good lord!

    Bones are nasty.

     
  • At 12:48 AM, Blogger Much Ado said…

    Glad Buffy is better, sorry you had to fork out so much money.

     
  • At 11:47 AM, Blogger Kayce said…

    I'm glad Buffy is doing better! Bones and dogs just don't mix well, I sure hope your neighbor takes at least some of the responsibility.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home