Sunday, March 11, 2007

Daylight Savings

I'm usually thrilled when Daylight Savings begins. I love having more daylight at the end of the workday because I'm usually motivated to do more after work than I would if it were dark. However, I also like this time of the year without Daylight Savings because the sun comes up so early that it's easier for me to wake up and get going. So, I'm going to miss that.

Yesterday, I wrote another paper and submitted it online. Today I must write another and submit it before 9 pm - shouldn't be a problem. Then I'll be down to two more papers before this thing is a wrap. This time next week, I should be pending approval for my master's degree. Oh, yeah!

I watched Marie Antoinette last night. I love period pieces, so I'd been wanting to see this one. I really enjoyed it. It was different because the soundtrack was modern - sort of punk music. I think I even heard some Adam Ant in there! That takes me back to the eighties. Anyway, visually it was a beautiful movie. I liked Kirsten Dunst's performance, and I loved seeing Versailles again. I can't believe they were given permission to film inside of Versailles. If you haven't been to Versailles, you will feel like you have after you see this movie. The day I was at Versailles was one of the hottest days I can ever remember. I practically melted while I walked around the grounds, and once we got inside the rooms were crowded with tourists and the air was hot and stuffy. I don't know how they lived out there in the summer with no air conditioning! Anyway, if you haven't caught this one yet I recommend renting it.

11 Comments:

  • At 8:42 AM, Blogger kitchu said…

    I love movie suggestions, Kirsten Dunst too, so I'll be sure to check this out when I return. My fav movie on rental so far is Stranger Than Fiction. Amazing!!

     
  • At 8:51 AM, Blogger Much Ado said…

    Sounds like a good movie, I must remember that when I go to rent one next!

     
  • At 9:02 AM, Blogger Polar Bear said…

    I agree with you on the daylight savings. I have enjoyed leaving for school the last couple of weeks in the early morning sunlight. Now I will be leaving in the dark again for a while.

    We'll have to add Marie Antoinette to NetFlix. That sounds like a good movie.

     
  • At 10:03 AM, Blogger Elizabeth said…

    OMG! I just watched that movie too a week ago! I thought it was fantastic. I totally recommend it too.
    I also love historical books and read those as much as I can. I think I must have had a good previous lifetime in that era.

     
  • At 10:45 AM, Blogger M and M said…

    I too enjoy the sunshine in the morning. Oh well, soon enough it will be sunny in the morning again...

     
  • At 1:19 PM, Blogger Michelle said…

    That is so great about your Master's Degree! Congratulations! I haven't seen that movie yet. My husband has an annoying habit of listening to all of the critics, and if they give bad reviews, he doesn't want to see it. Too bad, I'm making him see this now! :) Thanks for the recommendation!

     
  • At 3:46 PM, Blogger Mariah said…

    I will have to check those movies out! I love the longer days as well! Good luck finishing your Master's, I know it will be a relief!

     
  • At 5:37 PM, Blogger wzgirl said…

    Marie is on my list mostly b/c of the soundtrack and b/c of Sophia Coppola...I think that she is very cool.

     
  • At 6:40 PM, Blogger Shannon said…

    Isn't Versailles amazing?! I especially loved the gardens and her little hamlet!

     
  • At 6:48 AM, Blogger t~ said…

    I love DST as well, it just takes some getting used to. We missed the 8:30 service on Sun. cuz we totally forgot about the time change. So we showed up for the 9:30, by complete mistake.

     
  • At 2:15 PM, Blogger OziMum said…

    LOL! Our DLS finishes next Sat!!! AT the other end of the spectrum, the thought of winter approaching is a little depressing!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home