Saturday, March 17, 2007

Happy St. Patrick's Day

Don't forget to wear green or the leprechauns might pinch you! I don't think I'll be seeing any leprechauns today, as it's not a school day. ;-) Even so, I'll partake in the wearing o' the green. There's a little Irish in me on my father's side. Maybe I'll download some Celtic music to listen to whilst I write me last two papers? Sounds like a fine idea.

Yesterday, I had my first photofacial. I had decided last summer that I would do this to combat the redness in my skin. I've never had a dermatologist look at my skin before, but I'm pretty certain that it's a form of rosecea. All the research I did about rosecea indicated that topical treatments weren't effective and that IPL technology was the best treatment. I'll tell you it's a bit startling because the light is SO BRIGHT - even with eye goggles on! But the discomfort was minimal. My face was pretty red initially, but aside from a few brown spots (expected), it's looking and feeling normal today. The technician said it would take about a week for me to see the results. I am so not into needles and surgery, but I think IPL and laser treatments are wonderful ways to treat the signs of aging in a mostly non-invasive way. So, I'm excited to see how this turns out.

I ordered a copy of iRemember in an attempt to begin digital scrapbooking in the near future. When I looked into digital scrapbooking software last year, there really wasn't anything easy-to-use (for dummies like me) out there designed for Macintosh computers. This product has since been released and I hope I'll be able to do some fun things with it.

Well, I think that's about it. I need to eat some breakfast and get to work on those assignments. I will also have the pleasure of going to the dentist today for a teeth cleaning. I love going to the dentist! Really, I do!

Have a good weekend, everybody!

16 Comments:

  • At 9:05 AM, Blogger Kayce said…

    Morning Joannah! I too LOVE the dentist! Sounds like you've got a fun day planned...enjoy!

     
  • At 9:20 AM, Blogger D said…

    Good luck with your papers! I have a deadline for some Bible study material I'm writing...and I can't seem to get inspiried to do the writing today!

     
  • At 9:32 AM, Blogger Beckyb said…

    Enjoy your St. Patrick's day as well- I have a wee bit of Irish in me too - so I need to participate!!!! :)

     
  • At 9:44 AM, Blogger Sugar Cookies And Hope said…

    Happy St. Paddy's to you! Good luck with your papers today and with the dermatologist as well.
    I went to the dentist this week as well and it scares the daylights out of me each time. Luckily, I was free and clear from any cavities. :)

     
  • At 9:55 AM, Blogger C's Mom said…

    Write on!

    Let me know how the facial thing goes for you.

    I was considering iRemember (Mac girl too) Be sure to post some of your creations :)

     
  • At 10:25 AM, Blogger Catherine said…

    Hmmm...keep us posted on how the skin thing goes. Haven't heard of this but do have red spots.

    Hope your paper writing is going well.

     
  • At 1:59 PM, Blogger Jacquie said…

    Well the leprechauns visited my house making some mischief in our house last night.
    My 5 yr old LOVED the little things such as the lamp on the kitchen table, their toothbrush holder on the stove just to name a couple.
    They had one "visit" their kindergarden class on Friday and as she says "the leprechaun trashed our class room" LOL.
    So I think it is time our little bit of irish blood makes an appearance each year.

     
  • At 4:16 PM, Blogger Michelle said…

    I love the vintage images that you use. Do you mind me asking where you get them? I bought iRemember ahwile back and didn't like it at all. I'm not saying you won't, but that was my experience. I much preferred this program that I found online that is called photoprinto. I didn't even have to wait for it to ship, as I downloaded it off the web as soon as I paid for it. Also, I tried out a free trial of it for three months and made some very cute pages before purchasing it. Here's the website: http://www.smileonmymac.com/photoprinto/screenshots.html

     
  • At 5:43 PM, Blogger LaLa said…

    Still trying to decide about digital scrapbooking so let me know what you find out. Happy St. Pats to you...hanging out here pinching my girl who would only wear purple : )

     
  • At 5:59 PM, Blogger Abby's Mom said…

    I want to know how the digital scrap booking works out for you. It seems so complicated but I really want to do it too.

     
  • At 6:08 PM, Blogger Terri | Sugar Free Glow said…

    Happy St. Patty's to you!
    Yes, please post reviews of iRemember.

    Have a great weekend!

     
  • At 7:03 PM, Blogger OziMum said…

    Happy St Paddy's day to you!

     
  • At 8:32 PM, Blogger Dannye said…

    Hope your St. Patty's Day was a great one!!!

     
  • At 8:44 PM, Blogger M and M said…

    I hope you had a great St. Paddy's Day!!

     
  • At 10:29 AM, Blogger redmaryjanes said…

    Let us know what you think about digital scrapbooking. I am a big scrapbooker and my husband recently purchased a digital scrapbooking software pack for me, but I haven't looked at it yet. I hope that it's a lot of fun.

     
  • At 12:05 PM, Blogger Tamara said…

    Well, since I don't own a lot of green I got pinched a lot today... hey, glad I could be cheap entertainment to Alexis and her pal Isabella!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home