Monday, April 09, 2007

Catching Up

I had such a nice Spring Break. For starters, I ate my way through San Francisco with my good friend Teresa. She has moved to a neat neighborhood called The Richmond, which is adjacent to Golden Gate Park. Teresa tells me that it's the foggiest neighborhood in the city, but the sun came out every morning and the weather was just perfect while I was there. She is just one block away from the main street in her neighborhood, and that makes it easy to walk down to all the neat shops, markets, and restaurants nearby.

We ate all kinds of food - French, Chinese, Japanese, Italian. It was all delicious. We drank wonderful wines. The first day I was there, we were shopping for some gift bags, and stumbled across the local wine shop's weekly tasting event. They were sampling French wines, and we tasted several that we really liked. I brought home a Chateauneuf-du-Pape that's just heavenly. I'm saving it for a special ocassion. I was also introduced to a Spanish Tempranillo. Sigh... What a treat!

We also made a trip to the somewhat new Asian Art Museum. Take a look at some of the lovely things we saw there:



On Sunday, we drove down to Alameda to meet up with Wendy & John, Team Salsa, and Kimi for some delicious dim sum. I'll have to admit that I didn't appreciate the dim sum as much as I should have because I was totally distracted by the oh-so-darling Rose and Marie. Who wouldn't be? Eighteen months old and they're Internet celebrities! It was great to finally meet Mary-Mia and Rod - I've been following their blog for a year or more. Wendy and John are just the sweetest people, and I wish I'd had more time to visit with them. Next time! Kimi was so excited about being recently DTC, and she put her skills to the test by entertaining Rose and Marie while we were waiting for our check. She knows what kids like!



Once I got home from my trip, I put on my walking shoes. After all that eating, I had to get moving! I've been walking three miles every day, and I intend to do so for the rest of the month. That's my goal. The weather hasn't been that great for too many things, but it's perfect for walking.

Today was the first day back to work. I was happy to be there as I'm on call-in jury duty service each day this week. I've got my fingers crossed that I won't have to report at all. State testing begins three weeks from now, and I have a lot of preparation and review to cover with my students. Getting stuck on a jury right now would not be good.

Lastly, it's official!




No, I did not mock that up in Photoshop. I earned it the old-fashioned way. That's my ticket to a nice fat raise next fall. Oh, yeah!

31 Comments:

  • At 7:39 PM, Blogger Mariah said…

    What a fun break...congratulations on the degree!!

     
  • At 7:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Sounds like you had a great time and congratulations on your degree. That is so wonderful!!!

     
  • At 8:11 PM, Blogger C's Mom said…

    Now that's a great break!

    Nice work on the sheepskin :0)

     
  • At 8:17 PM, Blogger A said…

    Woo Hoo....you have your Master's degree!! I know you are glad to be done--I know I was. It sounds like you had a great trip.

     
  • At 8:23 PM, Blogger D said…

    Looks like you got to do lots of fun stuff...and meet the adorable twins! And a big, big congratulations on the Masters! Way to go! Bring on the raise!

     
  • At 8:45 PM, Blogger wzgirl said…

    Love hearing about the fat ol' raise! You go!! Congrats on your official papers, girl! That will certainly mean more $$ to travel up North, right?? It was really great to meet you, Joannah, and I do look forward to our next visit! XO

     
  • At 9:27 PM, Blogger M3 said…

    Congratulations on your Masters!!! So awesome. (Almost as great as our lunch. What fun!)

     
  • At 10:32 PM, Blogger Elise said…

    Congrats on that!!! What an awesome accomplishment...you must be soooo happy!

    Glad you had a much deserved vaca in SF and to see those Salsa cuties...what a total treat!

     
  • At 12:59 AM, Blogger OziMum said…

    Happy Easter Joannah! Congrats on the Certificates!!! What a genius, you are!!!


    Looks like you had an awesome time with Team Salsa! I met them in Sydney and we had a fantastic time (although they were only half the team they are now!!!)

     
  • At 7:03 AM, Blogger Kayce said…

    Congrats on the diploma!!!! Sounds like you had a fab time in the City!

     
  • At 8:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    YAY!!!! Congratulations. What an accomplishment. XOXOXO Let's get together soon....

     
  • At 10:51 AM, Blogger Calico Sky said…

    What a lovely spring break you had! And you certainly deserved it :)

    And dear Joannah, CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I am so very very happy for you my dear friend :)

     
  • At 11:21 AM, Blogger Stephanie said…

    Congrats on the MA! What an awesome accomplishment! ...and oh so much fun in the city! I love SFO! It looks like you had a great time!

     
  • At 12:57 PM, Blogger Abby's Mom said…

    What a fun vacation that you so deserved! Congrats on the Masters :)

     
  • At 2:16 PM, Blogger Terri | Sugar Free Glow said…

    Food, wine and SF---sounds good to me! So glad you had a good time and treated yourself!

    Congrats again!

     
  • At 2:36 PM, Blogger Anne Marie said…

    Now I am hungry after that post! Glad you had such a wonderful week.

    Congratulations on finishing your masters! That fat raise is well deserved.

     
  • At 3:52 PM, Blogger redmaryjanes said…

    Look, it's the salsa twins!! I have never seen you, so I'm wondering which person in the photo is you? It looks like you had a really great time.

     
  • At 5:36 PM, Blogger Joannah said…

    I am in the back row, on the left, in the gray sweater. :-)

     
  • At 6:09 PM, Blogger dawn said…

    Wonderful news...congratulations :)

     
  • At 6:34 PM, Blogger Shelley said…

    I'm so jealous - I just love SFO. By far, my favorite city in this whole country. Sounds like a simply wonderful time.

    Congrats on your Masters! I'm so happy for you, Joannah.

    Shell

     
  • At 7:19 PM, Blogger t~ said…

    First of all, that is a wonderful, expensive piece of paper wrapped in that sheepskin! Congratulations on all your hard work! You should be very proud.

    Also, your trip sounds wonderful. I am also back on the running schedule, now that I got my B.O.B. in running order...BTW, it works wonderful!

     
  • At 8:11 AM, Blogger Gracencameronsmomy said…

    Conrats! So sorry I missed the lunch! Next time...

     
  • At 8:20 AM, Blogger 4D said…

    Sounds like you had a wonderful time!

    Congrats on receiving your sheepskin!!!

    Keep smilin!

     
  • At 11:29 AM, Blogger Pixel Fairy Princess said…

    Big Congrat's on that piece of paper! What an accomplishment :-)

    Sounds like you had an awesome Spring Break! What a treat to get to meet the Salsa Team!

     
  • At 2:01 PM, Blogger Special K said…

    Congrats on the degree! What an accomplishment. You should be so proud of yourself.

    Sounds like an awesome way to spend Spring Break.

     
  • At 2:52 PM, Blogger Tamara said…

    You sure did a lot in a short time! I'm impress with your 3 mile a day goal. That should make Buffy and Taylor very happy.

     
  • At 7:34 PM, Blogger Roy and Lori said…

    Congratulations and Best wishes
    for your adoption journey!

    Take Care,
    Roy and Lori


    http://our-journey-to-gracie.blogspot.com

     
  • At 6:36 PM, Blogger kitchu said…

    I'm so late!!! CONGRATS!!

     
  • At 3:53 AM, Blogger Tammy said…

    KUDOS to you! Yeah - big fat raise! As a mommy, you'll need the extra $$ - good timing.

    Give yourself an extra pat on the back from me.

    Cheers!

     
  • At 7:02 AM, Blogger Lisa and Tate said…

    Congrats on the grad.... Glad you had such a fun break and got to hang with Rod, Mary-Mia and the Salsa twins!!! See you tonight.

    Lisa

     
  • At 6:44 AM, Blogger Glinda said…

    I thought I posted this last night, but I was so tired, I may have posted it to someone else's, whoops...

    The self-confidence one builds from achieving difficult things and accomplishing goals is the most beautiful thing of all.
    ~~Madonna

    Congratulations on your Master's!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home