Sunday, April 15, 2007

My Weekend So Far

On Friday night, I had dinner with these terrific women. (I'm in the back row in the blue sweater.) Donna spent a couple months coordinating a Disneyland weekend for everybody, and it all got started with dinner at Mimi's Cafe. I was so happy to see Shelley again, and to meet Lisa and Donna, whose blogs I have been reading all along. It was also fun to meet new (to me) waiting moms. I didn't join them for any Disneyland adventures, but word has it they've been tearing the place up over there!

Then, yesterday, Buffy and I walked four miles through the 'hood. I am appreciating the beautiful park in my neighborhood more and more, as half of my walk is on the path through the park. It beautiful, really, and it's great to see all the families out making use of its open space and facilities. I bought a new pair of walking shoes earlier in the week, and now that I've got a better pair of inserts in them to support my arches, they are really comfortable.

And, I signed up for bootcamp! Ack! What have I done?

Actually, I'm really excited about it. My session doesn't start for awhile, so I've got time to psyche myself up for it. It's a four-week experience, Monday through Friday, for an hour each day. I'll be ready for Kauai after bootcamp. Oh, yeah!

Last night, a friend joined me for church, and then we met up with another friend for dinner. It feels great to have the time to attend church again. I love my church! And, I started a personal Bible study earlier in the week. I'm working through Beth Moore's:

It's neat because it's designed to have the reader write reflections on the subject and their own personal experiences as they complete each lesson. I like her writing style, and I'm enjoying learning more about King David. The only thing I can criticize is that the author assumes her readers are all married women with children, and so some of the questions come at you from that point of view. When she writes a question from that perspective, I'm left with not much to reflect upon. I wish Christian leaders/author's would wake up and realize that there are many single Christians, and to word things more generically so that we all feel included. Anyway, that's just my opinion, but I think it's valid...

I hope you are enjoying this beautiful weekend!

14 Comments:

  • At 9:08 AM, Blogger Paulette said…

    I know what you mean. When I told my pastor about the adoption his reaction was not what I was expecting. Sometimes I feel lost even in my small church, I just don't match the stereotype of a Christian, break mold once again.

     
  • At 9:14 AM, Blogger C's Mom said…

    I think it's valid too!

    Sounds like you have had a wonderful weekend. Nice to have school behind you I am sure :0)

     
  • At 10:01 AM, Blogger redmaryjanes said…

    It looks like you have had such a wonderful time. Your new Bible study sounds interesting. I think studying King David will provide you some interesting subject matter. I'm sorry that it is written from the mother with a family point of view. I didn't realize that you are going to be a single Mom. I was one for 5 years, it was a time full of blessings for me. You are going to be a great Mom.

     
  • At 10:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm jealous they got to see you!

    Boot camp? You are brave!

     
  • At 12:46 PM, Blogger Pam said…

    hello, This is Pam from the Shocks. i saw where you posted on my blog so I wanted to come over to "meet" you. I am excited for you on your adoption. You will have so many blessings with your little one.

     
  • At 5:50 PM, Blogger Abby's Mom said…

    Great weekend! What fun :) Thanks for sharing the photos!

     
  • At 7:00 PM, Blogger Jewels of My Heart said…

    How fun that you were able to get together and go to Disneyland... You will have to have a reunion and do it again one day with all of your babies.
    God's Speed

     
  • At 8:01 PM, Blogger t~ said…

    Looks like you all had a wonderful time at Disney together! I love Beth Moore and have gained so much through her studies, she's powerful and yet makes me giggle like a 2 yr. old.

     
  • At 6:07 AM, Blogger Pixel Fairy Princess said…

    OMG - isn't Beth Moore so insightful and thought provoking? She is an amazing inspiration to women.

    Boot Camp? You are much braver than me! Grad school feels like boot camp!

     
  • At 6:14 AM, Blogger Joannah said…

    I totally agree! Grad school is bootcamp for your brain. Now my body needs bootcamp after sitting on the couch with my laptop for the last year! Ha!

     
  • At 12:51 AM, Blogger Much Ado said…

    Looks like you had a great weekend. It must be wonderful to be able to meet up with fellow bloggers who are adopting. I can't believe about the 2 days either, I think everyone is in shock and heartbroken.

    I have heard good reports of Beth Moore's stuff, must check it out.

     
  • At 6:56 AM, Blogger Donna said…

    What a nice weekend...after all your work, you deserved some fun!

     
  • At 12:51 PM, Blogger 4D said…

    Sounds like a wonderful weekend. Have look into this author after all the positive endorsements.

    Keep smilin!

     
  • At 5:46 PM, Blogger Jen R. said…

    I think it's funny because Jesus speaks more in the Bible about being single (or almost as singleness has its advantages) than being married. Paul, too.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home