Thursday, May 24, 2007

Lost Fans?


Okay, I'm a big LOST fan. When the critics were complaining earlier in the season about the show, I couldn't really understand their complaints. I enjoy the mystery of the plot and gleaning a little more new information each episode. It keeps me wanting to know more. In some ways, LOST reminds me of the X-Files, of which I was a huge fan. I'm still hoping for another X-Files movie!

I digress...

I stayed up way past my bedtime last night to watch the season finale. I usually wait and watch the episode on TiVo at my convenience, but I just had to watch it live last night. Knowing that Charlie was already doomed was awful, and it took me the entire episode to figure out that Jack's flashbacks were more likely flashforwards. I kept thinking, "When did he have a beard before?" Duh!

So, I've been combing some message boards out there looking for plausible ways next season might continue. It's hard to wait until next January or February to have the questions resolved. In the meantime, it will haunt me and keep me guessing.

If you're a LOST fan what are your thoughts on these questions the finale left us with? I've put my ideas in blue. But what do I know, really?

Who's in the casket? John Locke

Who (or what) is Jacob? An ancient god or spirit.

Is Ben good or evil? He gives me the willies, so I think he's bad to the bone.

Is Charlie really dead? Probably.

Who is on the boat? I really don't know...

Locke is (your description): Complex. He wouldn't kill his own father (who was a real b@stard), but he killed Naomi? I don't get it!

Is the Jack "flashback" really in the future? I think so.

How come the "monster" only seemed to kill people in the first few episodes. I mean, now they got them going on camping trips?? Come on! Yeah, I don't know what's up with the monster either.

What is up with the 4 toed statue? Huh? I guess I missed that one.

Where did Michael and his son go? I think they took the last submarine back to civilization, but they must have had to assume new identities. Otherwise, they would have a lot of explaining to do about the other survivors and their whereabouts.

How will the series end? I think Jack's flashforwards might give us a clue as to that.

Notice how many questions I really couldn't answer with any certainty? In real life, I hate uncertainty - for instance how long until my referral from the CCAA - I hate not knowing that! But I love all the uncertainties that LOST creates in my mind. I enjoy the journey of having the story slowly unfold without any help from me. I don't even care what happens - I just want to know when it does.

Now, LOST fans, tell me what you think!

11 Comments:

  • At 10:13 PM, Blogger Gracencameronsmomy said…

    I am so adicted to this show!! I toatally did NOT ge thtat they wer "Flash forwards" until the end.
    1.My husband guessed John I have no idea!! (sawyer?)
    2.I think Jacob is in Ben's head. I am not sure how John heard him...
    3.Sadly, Charlie is dead
    4.I think Ben may have been right about the boat...they are coming to get rid of everyone on the island.
    5.Locke is...I can't understand him. He is so desperate to stay on the island...it's wired to me. Just to stay out of the wheel chair??
    6.I think it must be in the future
    7. What IS the monster?
    8.I missed the statue also
    9. I think they are still on the island somewhere.
    10.How can they end it? if the flash forwrds are true, they get off the island and then go back???

     
  • At 5:07 AM, Blogger Glinda said…

    I love that you are so intriqued by this show; on the other hand, I am clueless, never watched it; I think it must have been on when one of my must see shows were on, Amazing Race, Survivor; How To Be an Obsessed Blogger and Never Watch T.V., etc. ;)

    P.S. I hate waiting too.

     
  • At 6:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Who's in the casket? I originally thought Juliet, but certainly her sister would go to her funeral! So then I was not sure, but your explanation of John Locke could make sense.

    Who (or what) is Jacob? Hmmmmm

    Is Ben good or evil? He's evil, but believes he's good.

    Is Charlie really dead? Yes, sniff.

    Who is on the boat? ?

    Locke is (your description): A misguided hero.

    Is the Jack "flashback" really in the future? Yes.

    How come the "monster" only seemed to kill people in the first few episodes. I mean, now they got them going on camping trips?? Too deep for me

    What is up with the 4 toed statue? I miss that one too.

    Where did Michael and his son go? I think Michael is dead and we just don't know it and Walt is wherever he has been all along.

    How will the series end? I think you will see some people have chosen to stay on the island and people like Jack wishing he had.

     
  • At 7:03 AM, Blogger Stephe said…

    Who's in the casket? Sawyer

    Who (or what) is Jacob? The Devil

    Is Ben good or evil? Disallusioned-sp. Bad but he believes he is good.

    Is Charlie really dead? Yes

    Who is on the boat? Not sure

    Locke is (your description): a good guy that's been duped by the bad guys.

    Is the Jack "flashback" really in the future? yes

    How come the "monster" only seemed to kill people in the first few episodes. I mean, now they got them going on camping trips?? no clue

    What is up with the 4 toed statue? no idea

    Where did Michael and his son go? I always thought that since the children were without sin, they let them go back to life. But that wouldn't explain Alex or why Michael would go back.

    How will the series end? All I know is that the last episode better NOT say that this was all a DREAM!!!!!!

    I completely contradict myself. I know. I LOVE LOST...but definately haven't FIGURED IT OUT!!!

     
  • At 3:48 PM, Blogger Michelle said…

    I am a big Lost fan, but I have to admit that most of the time I am just "lost" myself. Usually I have to have my husband explain things to me afterwards. I have no idea what the answers to your questions are. Thinking that much gives me a headache. :) But I am looking forward to the return on the show!(In like, nine months)

     
  • At 5:22 PM, Blogger Elizabeth said…

    I don't watch Lost but I can totally identify with loving a show that much. I get feel like this about my fav shows too (Amica's Next Top Model, Bachelor) etc. Reality TV fan here.

     
  • At 5:24 PM, Blogger Donna said…

    Believe it or not, I missed this ENTIRE season! Yep, it's true. We watch it on Netflix and we're always a season behind but never again! Next season, we'll catch up on Netflix and Tivo the current episodes so we'll never be a year behind again!

    Donna

     
  • At 6:52 PM, Blogger Abby's Mom said…

    Hmmmm flash forward? I didnt think about that.
    Walt was on the last episode so maybe he is still around?
    I dont remember a casket - thats what I get for checking blogs while I watched.

     
  • At 8:23 AM, Blogger redmaryjanes said…

    I watched Lost faithfully the first year, but then I literally got 'lost' and couldn't follow it when all of the re-runs were thrown in the mix.

     
  • At 7:43 AM, Blogger Terri | Sugar Free Glow said…

    I couldn't read your post until today because I finally got caught up yesterday and watched the season finale. Whew! I love that show!
    I'm really disappointed that Michael never sent help for them and I have no idea what the 4 toed statue is.

     
  • At 3:18 PM, Blogger Calico Sky said…

    I was SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO addicted for season 1 and 2, but can't watch it here!! I have to wait for the DVD and then order it.....oh I can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    I hear that the Kate, Jack, Sawyer love triangle is alive and well this season?????

     

Post a Comment

<< Home