Monday, June 04, 2007

Boot Camp

My first session of Boot Camp starts in just an hour and a half. I'm a little nervous to tell you the truth. I went over to the owners' home yesterday to be weighed and measured. While I was there, I spent a little while talking to another woman about my age who has been attending this boot camp since January. She goes to the 5:30 am session! Yikes! Anyway, she had nothing but good things to say about her experience. I'll let you know what I think later. So far, I think the trainers seem really down-to-earth and nurturing. I don't think they are the drill sergeant types at all.

Hey, I got the nicest email from the owner of Little Lantern this morning thanking me for posting about her shop in my last post. She said she received about 200 hits yesterday, and when she checked her site meter to see where they came from, many of them came from my link. She says she makes all her items by hand. I thought so because they are so cute!

Well, wish me luck. I hope I can move my extremities tomorrow!

************** UPDATE **************

I just got home from BC, and it was:

  • tough
  • challenging
  • kinda fun
  • sweaty
  • nice outside
  • non-stop
  • uplifting
  • a positive experience
I'm still concerned that I'm going to be very sore this week. In fact, they told us newcomers to expect to be sore. But, they also said that by week #3 we'd be checking ourselves out in the mirror and liking what we saw! I like that idea. Shannon and Caroline (the trainers) are really motivating and helpful.

I'm beat. Off for a quick shower and to bed with me...

Good night!

21 Comments:

  • At 6:09 PM, Blogger redmaryjanes said…

    Tell us more about this Boot Camp! Is it a physical fitness thing? I think it's great that you helped the Little Lantern out.

     
  • At 6:21 PM, Blogger 4D said…

    Sounds like it will be a fun challenge.

    Keep smilin!

     
  • At 7:05 PM, Blogger C's Mom said…

    Good luck! If I can avoid it, nothing happens for me at 530AM.

     
  • At 7:40 PM, Blogger wzgirl said…

    I hit her site cuz of you! I took one Boot Camp class at my gym & that was it - tooooo hard. The class was pretty established and advanced, so I was way out of my league. Love the idea of signing up - as though it is camp, though, seems like it would be more of a committment. Can't wait to hear how it goes, Joannah!

     
  • At 8:52 PM, Blogger Joannah said…

    redmaryjanes,

    The Boot Camp I signed up for is a four-week long fitness class. We meet Monday thru Friday in the early evening at a local park, the beach, or the local hill (yes, we have this weird, random hill in town) for a workout. Tonight we did cardio - I ran for the first time since high school, and I still don't like it! We also did upper and lower body strength training, and abs - ugh!

    I think Adventure Boot Camp is a franchise. There might be one in your area. It's not for wimps - although I really am a wimp. I prefer to think of myself as a princess though. I was just tired of being a flabby princess...

    :-)

     
  • At 9:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Good for you Joannah!

     
  • At 10:21 PM, Blogger Elise said…

    That is just awesome!!! I think I need a BC!!!

     
  • At 11:08 AM, Blogger Glinda said…

    Rock on, Joannah...I love that you are doing this for yourself! I'm slowly getting back on the restrictive calorie wagon after all out gluttony during the cruise.

     
  • At 12:25 PM, Blogger Tammy said…

    Good for you! Let us know in 3 weeks if you're checking yourself out & liking what you see.

    Hang in there.

     
  • At 2:40 PM, Blogger Calico Sky said…

    Ooohhh boot camp, sounds great (I think!)

    I hope it goes really well!!

     
  • At 3:31 PM, Blogger Middle-Aged Moi said…

    Sounds great so far!!!

     
  • At 6:43 PM, Blogger kitchu said…

    Boot camp sounds awesome... I need something like that!

     
  • At 8:07 PM, Blogger M3 said…

    Whoa, good for you! You are one tough woman to sign up for that experience (let alone the getting up that early).

     
  • At 6:55 AM, Blogger Shandra said…

    good for you. I love those classes.

     
  • At 8:34 AM, Blogger Polar Bear said…

    Sounds like a great challenge. You are braver than I that is for sure!

     
  • At 7:14 PM, Blogger Terri | Sugar Free Glow said…

    My hairdresser in LA went three times a week and he loved it! I think he was in love with the instructor. lol

    They have a boot camp on the lake near us and it looks like something I would enjoy if I wasn't so lazy.

    Good for you for kickin' it up a notch!

    :)

     
  • At 10:20 PM, Blogger Stacey said…

    Good for you! You will be SO proud of yourself in four weeks. I use to go to a local gym. (notice the words USE TO!). It had great classes, but it closed about three years ago. I haven't found anything I enjoy since it shut down. I can REALLY see a difference!! (So can everyone else! LOL).

    Stacey

     
  • At 5:19 AM, Blogger Elizabeth said…

    They are all the rage around here. I love the idea. In theory, from my couch, that is.

     
  • At 3:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I just ordered your June SP gift. It will arrive under my neice's name - Alanna. The box will be from Fisher Price in about 7 to 9 days. I didn't want a "strange box" arriving without you knowing!!

    Hope you like it!

    Your Secret Pal!

     
  • At 3:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Sorry that last post should say "be delivered from Fisher Price".

    I'm a goofball!

    SP

     
  • At 5:32 PM, Blogger Tamara said…

    You go girl! I'm impressed with your motivation.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home