Thursday, June 07, 2007

Oh, Bummer...


From my agency:

We are writing to let you know that unfortunately, America World did not receive referrals today for our next group of families logged in on 11/9/2005 (group 237). We did receive one referral for a family of Chinese Heritage. We know that your hearts were full of hope and expectation of a referral this time around, and our hearts break for you all, because we know that the wait has been so much longer than anyone ever anticipated. We say this often, but please know that we are praying that God would comfort you and give you strength as the wait continues. Please don't hesitate to contact your Family Coordinator with questions, concerns, or for support during this time.

This is the second time in three months that AWAA has not received referrals. Bummer! I have to hand it to my agency, because they are very compassionate and supportive. I know they mean it when they say they are praying for their waiting families and that they are available to talk.

Earlier this week I marked my eleventh month of waiting since LID. It doesn't seem like something worth getting excited about anymore, and so I don't. Even just as recently as six months ago, I fully expected that I would receive my referral in this calendar year. That isn't going to happen now though, and it may not even happen next year for mid-2006 LIDs based on the current rate of referrals. This is not the journey I thought it would be. My heart goes out to everyone waiting, and waiting, and waiting.

17 Comments:

  • At 5:30 PM, Blogger Tamara said…

    Your agency is incredible! I got absolutely no support or communication from my ageny during my wait. It was so frustrating! I like the Burts Bee shower gel too.

     
  • At 6:48 PM, Blogger Abby's Mom said…

    I know exactly what you mean Joannah! The picture is perfect too.

     
  • At 7:16 PM, Blogger Paulette said…

    Boy I'm right there with you. I had a good cry today. It is like a bad dream.

     
  • At 7:31 PM, Blogger Special K said…

    We're on the same timeline...you and me. I have finally wrapped my brain around a 2 year wait. But I'm having trouble wrapping it around 3. I just don't want to believe it.

     
  • At 8:14 PM, Blogger Mariah said…

    Oh Joannah, I am right there with you! I am so thankful for AWAA but I cannot believe I have been waiting over a year!! Crazy. I hope you weren't too sore after your boot camp and congratulations on reconnecting with your sweetie ;-)!! Have a great weekend!

     
  • At 8:38 PM, Blogger wzgirl said…

    That picture! Oh, that picture just made my night. You crack me up, Joannah! I think that my face looks like hers - maybe I should consider sporting some eyeliner-whiskers for effect?

     
  • At 9:09 PM, Blogger D said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 9:15 PM, Blogger Shandra said…

    Double bummer. That is all I can say.

     
  • At 9:42 PM, Blogger Polar Bear said…

    The ONLY saving grace is not having to go through this alone. I couldn't imagine how difficult this would be with out so many wonderful blogger buds who 'get' how hard this is at times.

    We will make it. Hold on!

     
  • At 11:16 PM, Blogger AprilMay said…

    The journey we end up on is always harder than we thought...why is that? :( My prayers are with you and everyone else who is waiting!

     
  • At 6:28 AM, Blogger Mom 2 six said…

    My heart goes out too ...

     
  • At 10:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    My heart goes out to the families, but kudo's to your agency.

     
  • At 1:48 PM, Blogger Elise said…

    It isn't the same journey I thought it would be either. Each month I get my hopes up for a speed up and then.....disappointment.

     
  • At 3:56 PM, Blogger redmaryjanes said…

    That is a sweet letter from your agency. Mine is still telling me 18 months and since I'm at 4 month, I only have approx 14 left. I know that that isn't going to happen.

     
  • At 7:08 AM, Blogger Shelley said…

    Oh Joannah - I'm so sorry. It was very nice of your agency to reach out to you. Ours did not communicate to us until it actually came to the referral. Hang in there.

     
  • At 4:33 AM, Blogger Calico Sky said…

    my heart goes out to you & everyone else Joannah....and most importantly, to all those waiting children...

     
  • At 4:22 PM, Blogger Terri | Sugar Free Glow said…

    Our agency most likely won't get a referral in July because there next LID is 11/17 so it's going to be a long month.

    I'm so ready for this wait to be over--I know you feel the same way!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home