Monday, July 23, 2007

Local Beauty

Sunday evening my sweetie and I drove down to the Mont@ge Resort & Spa in Laguna Beach to attend a vow renewal ceremony for some dear friends of his. From the road, you hardly notice the place. But once you're inside, this is the view from the balcony of the lobby. It nearly took my breath away. The clouds had moved in across Southern California yesterday, and there were sprinkles in some places, so we didn't have the sunshine you see in this photograph I found on the web. While we were there, a gorgeous Jewish wedding was taking place on the grass behind the pool area. There must have been at least two hundred guests, and thousands of red roses decorating the ceremony area. It was stunning!

We ate our celebratory dinner on another balcony with the same view. The pool looked amazing all lit up in the dark, too. I wished I had my bathing suit. ;-)

Staying at the Mont@ge isn't easy on the wallet. We heard from our hosts that the least expensive room was $800, and that there was a three-night minimum. Ouch!

17 Comments:

  • At 7:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Lovely!

     
  • At 8:46 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    what a beautiful photo!

     
  • At 12:05 AM, Blogger Lisa and Tate said…

    STUNNING!!!

    Lisa

     
  • At 8:02 AM, Blogger Stephanie said…

    What great fun and BEAUTIFUL resort!

     
  • At 1:27 PM, Blogger redmaryjanes said…

    That is just gorgeous!!

     
  • At 6:14 PM, Blogger Abby's Mom said…

    Looks amazing!

     
  • At 6:50 PM, Blogger Glinda said…

    Your life seems very blessed and beautiful right now; I'm happy you're happy.

     
  • At 10:01 PM, Blogger Shelley said…

    Oy! My bank account is leaking just looking at that picture.

    What an incredible place.

    Shell

     
  • At 8:12 AM, Blogger Terri | Sugar Free Glow said…

    We were there a couple years ago for dinner. It's a beautiful hotel!

     
  • At 10:15 AM, Blogger Tamara said…

    The pool does look very inviting. You always visit the neatest places!

     
  • At 6:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wow! I love the pool! Sounds like a beautiful resort!!

    I am mailing your package out today. I am so sorry it will be late! My Dad had surgery last week. He is 83, so he can't do much with one hand! I hope you like everything.

    Sorry!!

    Your SP

     
  • At 2:32 PM, Blogger AprilMay said…

    That pool reminds me of places in Thailand, only we could get a room and pool on the beach like that for about $60.00 in Thailand! :) Sigh.

    Joannah, would you email me more information about the market research company you mentioned in my comments? I am always looking for extra money, especially with baby on the way! My email is fancieapie@hotmail.com. Thanks!! I'd love to get some 4th grade teaching tips from you eventually as well. :)

     
  • At 4:29 AM, Blogger Tammy said…

    WOW! That view is spectacular.

    BTW, I will still be following your blog - just not blogging myself. I wouldn't dare miss Jillian's referral announcement. AND if you're ever on the east coast (NJ, PA, DE, MD) - please drop me a line, I'd love to meet up.

     
  • At 8:22 PM, Blogger ~Kristen said…

    I've been there...It is beautiful.. when I lived in the area.. not to stay, of course!! Beautiful place for a wedding!

     
  • At 8:46 PM, Blogger Shandra said…

    very nice!

     
  • At 3:42 AM, Blogger Calico Sky said…

    beautiful!!!
    Sorry I wasn't in touch, my friends death, the course well it was all too much!
    I did try and get the day off you were going to be in london, but coudn't!
    Hope you are well

     
  • At 1:49 PM, Blogger Jacquie said…

    Ooooh that looks breathtaking!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home