Thursday, August 16, 2007

Late Summer

This has been a wonderful and exciting summer. I have had the opportunity to travel this summer for a total of twenty-eight days, and I've been to Sonoma Valley, San Diego, Madrid, London, Kauai, and San Francisco. It's been so much fun, but I am so happy to be home.

Michael and I just returned from a short visit to San Francisco and Sonoma Valley. It was very warm in Sonoma Valley, but a wee bit chilly in San Francisco. A word to the wise, always take a jacket to San Francisco - even in August! The city was teeming with tourists, many who did not appear to be prepared for the chill in the air.

It was just a quick trip, as we had some business to take care of up there, but we managed to have some fun, too. We squeezed in a little shopping at Union Square (no buying, just looking!), and we enjoyed two delicious meals at the Beach Chalet and an Indian restaurant in our friends' neighborhood.

But, for now, I've had enough of road trips and air travel. I'm just glad to be home with my pups. I've got ten days before I have to report back to work, and I hope to enjoy most of them close to home.

8 Comments:

  • At 3:47 PM, Blogger Lisa and Tate said…

    You really have quite the fun travel SUMMER!!! Enjoy the 10 dyas snuggling with the pups!

    Lisa

     
  • At 3:53 PM, Blogger Pixel Fairy Princess said…

    What a wonderful summer full of memories! We have two more little getaways this summer, Hilton Head this weekend and then a trip to Disney! Make the most of your last 10 day, summer will seem so far away when school starts for you again :D

     
  • At 4:29 PM, Blogger Alyson and Ford said…

    Life is good. Glad you're taking the time to enjoy it!

     
  • At 4:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    What a wonderful summer you have had with visits to some of my favorite places :-)

     
  • At 8:26 PM, Blogger Gracencameronsmomy said…

    Wow, you have traveled more than we have! About the cold up here, there is a guy at the top of twin peaks who sells sweatshirts to tourists...he makes a fortune!!

     
  • At 9:54 PM, Blogger Paulette said…

    You have 10 more days. You lucky dog I go back on Monday:(

     
  • At 4:45 AM, Blogger redmaryjanes said…

    You have had a wonderful summer. I've enjoyed following along with your travels. Enjoy your remaining time at home!

     
  • At 8:01 AM, Blogger 4D said…

    What a wonderful way to spend the summer. Good for you and welcome home!

    Keep smilin!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home