Sunday, October 29, 2006

Coffee Talk

I'm sitting here enjoying my second cup of coffee and planning the rest of my day. I would like to go to church this morning, but it seems that my weekends are mostly devoted to writing papers, and so attending church has been pushed down the list of priorities for a while now. When I'm done with this degree, it will be good to get plugged back in at SeaCoast Grace. I miss it, and once Jillian is a part of my life, I want her to have a church family, too.

Speaking of families, I had the pleasure of meeting several single moms yesterday with children from China and Kazakhstan! Irene had a little get-together and invited me to come. She has two daughters from China, who are adorable (of course), and her sister is awaiting a referral from Vietnam! Meeting up with those women was inspiring, but also an eye opener. Wow! My life is really going to change, isn't it?

Last night, I took a break from all my tasks and went to see The Prestige. That is a great movie and I highly recommend it. I'm still thinking about it this morning, or am I still thinking about Hugh Jackman? He's so dreamy! Sigh...

You know what else I'm thinking about? REFERRALS! Where are they? What is going on? I want all my blogger friends with August LIDs to see their babies' faces this week. Come on CCAA!

13 Comments:

  • At 10:07 AM, Blogger C's Mom said…

    I dreamed last night that referrals came tomorrow and were through SEPTEMBER 24th! Ah, only a dream :-(

     
  • At 11:50 AM, Blogger Calico Sky said…

    I so hear you about the Church thing. It is important to me and that my future child(ren) have a Church family, but sadly sometimes I just seem too busy - last week and this weekend mornings consumed with the house purchase!

     
  • At 12:16 PM, Blogger Glinda said…

    Hmmmm, Hugh Jackman. I really can't say I was a fan until 1. I read that he was an adoptive parent, yum; and 2. I was watching Breakfast with the Arts on A&E this a.m. and they were profiling films from the Toronto Film Festival--hang on there is a point here--and his next movie is called The Fountain, instant intrigue b/c of the bathtub scene. In part of the movie, he plays a very gentle husband to Rachel Weisz's character of a fragile wife breaking into pieces minute by minute. You can go to the site http://thefountainmovie.warnerbros.com/ to get the synopsis, etc. It is a beautiful website.

     
  • At 1:27 PM, Blogger Paulette said…

    I hate it when I have to prioritize and God ends up at the bottom of the list. I was able to finish my midterm, go to church and now its time to do the final touches on the fall yard clean-up. Then if I have time I will get a mani-peddi latter today. Good luck finishing your projects.

     
  • At 2:56 PM, Blogger Tamara said…

    Wow- you hit a lot of topics in one post! You are a very busy girl and will most certainly be even buiser once Jillian is home- bet you can't wait :)

     
  • At 4:30 PM, Blogger Shannon said…

    Oooh! Yes, Hugh is lovely!!

     
  • At 4:32 PM, Blogger dawn said…

    Yes,life will change just a little tiny, huge, enormous, bit but all for the better! Don't even try and get ready for it, it's hopeless. Hopeless in the best way ever. We have never ever been happier.

     
  • At 10:35 PM, Blogger AprilMay said…

    Your life is going to change? Girl, you won't RECOGNIZE your life! ;) People may ask you, "Are you sure you're ready for this?" and you can tell them, "NO, because I've never done it before, but thanks for your concern!" I was only 21 when I had my first and that's what I told LOTS of people!
    You will love every crazy SECOND of being a mom!

     
  • At 5:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Great that you were able to meet with others adotpion related.....and I KNOW.....where are the August referrals!!????

     
  • At 7:53 AM, Blogger Nina said…

    I'm totally with you on a) referrals (WHERE ARE THEY?) and b) Hugh Jackman (hot, hot, hot) and c) The Prestige. What a great movie!!

     
  • At 12:52 PM, Blogger Donna said…

    I'm dying to see The Prestige...I loved Memento and totally dig Hugh Jackman and Christian Bale. But I have a feeling I'll have to wait until it comes out on DVD. Make sure and see plenty of grown-up movies before you get Jillian, because it's likely any movies you get to see after will be of the Disney/Pixar variety!

     
  • At 11:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    It was worth the price of admission just to look at Hugh and Christian Bale for two hours! I too enjoyed the movie.

     
  • At 2:44 PM, Blogger Sandra said…

    Isn't it the best to meet up with other adoptive moms, and so inspiring too! My mom and I babysat together last night and lets just say it's been awhile since we've been around small kids. It was a blast but like you said, very eye opening!

    I agree with you about the church part. I've been wondering why I'm slacking now (you have a wonderful reason with school) but do want to make it more of a focus for Chloe to know a church family.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home